Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven? >

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM

My children.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:34 PM

None of my family or friends quilt, so when that time comes or get's near, I'll give hubby my name & password for this board. When you see 'She's Gone' make sure you read it, he'll be giving away my stash.

I was just thinking about this the other day, why...I don't know. :shock:
Old 07-31-2010, 05:41 PM

My BFF knows that she gets all my fabric. Anything she doesn't want is supposed to go to our quilting group.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Mine will probably be divided up among all my quilting buddies from church (2 of them will be in-law's anyway)
That is after my 3 daughters take their pick of what they want.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:09 PM

My stash along with my turtles will go to my nine year old niece who has already made several wall quilts including doing her own binding by hand she is a treasure
Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 PM

My 3 granddaughters say they won't let their Pa get rid of all Nan's stash. They want it. Some will go to my best friend. My husband says he is going to bury me with a neelde and thread and some fabric too.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:51 PM

I have one daughter and 2 daughters-in-law and none of them have any desire to quilt or sew. I have grandaughters and they don't sew either. It's been a standing joke around the family that when I die, they can sell all my books and material and go to Disney World. that should prompt them to sell it for what it's worth and not give away prices. altho, come to think about it, most of it came from garage sale give away prices. oops . I will be singing with the angles too and won't care.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Enough of my family/friends are into sewing/quilting that I'm sure they'll have a blast figuring out what to do with it all. I don't think they'll do like a friend's FIL did and stick it all in the garage and refuse to let anyone touch it for 20 years just because it was mine! Hopefully they'll play nice and everybody will get what they want and find a good home for the rest.
I had a neighbor and good friend that we had talked if one of us died the other one got all of the material and yarn but she got cancer and dies and her husband went into denial and wouldn't let anything be taken from the house by his son's.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:10 PM

We have lost a couple of members of the local quilting guild. The families held a private sale for the members who could purchase what they wanted and then they opened it to the public as a garage sale and sold the rest. I have a daughter who quilts and a couple of grand daughters who are just beginning to quilt so mine will probably be taken care of, however I think it would be a good idea to establish who gets what and find out what they would like.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:15 PM

I read somewhere about a lady who said when she died she wanted everyone she had made quilts for to bring the to the funeral home and display them. She didn't care how worn they were. She didn't want any flowers, just the quilts. I guess it was a beautiful service and everyone thought it was wonderful.