Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is your workspace? >

Where is your workspace?

Where is your workspace?

Old 10-26-2010, 05:53 AM

It is just me and my husband so we have an extra bedroom that I turned into my sewing room. I have my cutting table open all the time.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:20 AM

I have a wonderful sewing room. When we bought the house it was a hot tub room. But we are not hot tub people. So my husband wanted a shop/garage for all his toys and I agreed if I could also remodel the hot tub room into a sewing room. It has windows on two sides and I have a lot of natural light. It has a sliding glass door onto the deck so I can open it and get fresh air. I just love working out there.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 AM

Its a 3rd bedroom for me, but i share it with the computer,books,and sewing supplies. Bookcases for the books the room has 2 closets--one is for the fabric, not sure whats in the other one off hand, might be art supplies. I use 2- 4 foot tables- end to end (in the corner) for puter and printer. Then I have my sewing machines- in the bookcases and one on the table, with the iron beside it. Yes, I know Im lazy, but also have a back fusion that makes me want to stay down when i can. I do most of my cutting on a table in the kitchen,as well as ironing the fabric there also. Its a metal table 38inches tall. I made a cover for it with that ironing fabric and used (awe crap I forgot)for the padding, but it works great. I usaully use my larger cutting mat over the iron surface, and if i need touch ups to fabric, theres space for it.
barbara
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 AM

I work in my room. It is 21' x 11' feet, but with a king-sized quilter, a 7'x3' cutting table at one end and my bed and other stuff at the other, it is rather crowded. I have paths going from one area to another, but I love it. it's my little space.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:03 AM

I have a converted garage...now my car is outside..!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:25 AM

Well, I lucked out. There are 3 huge rooms upstairs...our bedroom, my dh's office/room and my sewing room (plus bathroom). Mine used to have a hot tub in it, so it is ceramic tiled with big windows overlooking the lake. It is about 25X30 feet and all mine. Huge closets at one end with sliding doors we filled with white wire shelves. Down the center are 3 36x66" long tables for cutting, etc. I have 8 machines but I want to sell my Designer 1, as I just don't use it much anymore. This room is a sewers dream and guess where I spend all my tiime?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 AM

Hi. When we retired we went from a 4 bdrm to 2 bdrm and a condo instead of a house. I have only half the space I did before so my guest bedroom is my work room plus my computer room. I have my quilting things all over but am slowly organizing so it looks neater. As for now, I just close my door. Not giving up quilting because of space. I feel that if someone should see the room, it is cluttered for a good reason and if they don't like it, then please don't come visit....aren't I cruel.
Jean (a beginner)
Old 10-26-2010, 07:34 AM

Sounds wonderful. I envy you for the space.

Jean
Old 10-26-2010, 07:50 AM

We live in a "servants" quarters and so there are two bedrooms only. Now that we are empty nesters, I use the "guest room" as my arts and crafts room. But 'tis small but works in most cases. How I envy everyone's talk about their basement....Hawaii....no such things as a basement or you'd hit a geyser (actually ocean water). LOL
Old 10-26-2010, 08:03 AM

I have a large space in the basement. Love the room. Hate that it doesn't have any windows.