Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ? >

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by SuzieQuilts View Post
My saying is "You can clean all day, but what do you have at the end of the day? A dirty house!" Quilting all day, at least gives you something to show what you have been doing all day.
Years ago I babysat 2 nephews and 3 neighbor kids in addition to my youngest. The kids were all within 4 years. Anyway, in the spring, I'd pay the kids a penny for each dandelion they pulled. And I dug a blue zillion up. So someone informed me that I was wasting my time. I told they the dandelions would be gone about the same century as all their dirty dishes.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by OKLAHOMA PEACH View Post
Help! The dust bunnies ate my cleaning fairy.
So that's where she disappeared to. tee hee
Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM

I do what i have to, except for the dusting, and i tell everyone that it's there to protect the finish. So i don't bother it !! Hubby does the vacuuming and puts the dishes away ! The rest of the time is for quilting.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by chairjogger View Post
My dishes are done..mainly to cook dinner again.Laundry is done, I can prove that for the mountain on the couch. Ground level..I keep my drapes shut..bi-level house. Grandkids toys out for days without them here..no I don'have the one and 18-month olds pick up..grandma's house is fun..not a teaching place for the amount of time I have to take off quilting ! I do not like dead lines.self imposed or by request.
Wonderful thoughts and I agree wholeheartedly!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

I keep my grandson during the day. He has a stuffed dog, truck and an old remote (he loves that thing). We aren't a toy buying family at all. He's happy playing in my scrap bin, kitchen cabinets, and books. He's at the age of taking out and putting back in. With a little one in the house I have to have bare surfaces and no clutter.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:53 AM

A sparkling clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 PM

In my house quilt is a verb and dust is a noun LoL. I live in the desert and refuse to dust until I'm at a stopping point with my quilting. As long as dishes are done enough to cook again and the bed is made so I can see the quilt all straightened up on it I'm good. The word quilting is present tense right? Enjoy yours!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by sharim View Post
I only wish i stopped at one child - i came from what people say is a large family - I'm the youngest of 18 kids (17 biological, 1 half sister) I have 2 sets of twins and a set of triplets. I wasn't given the opportunity to have just one child. I rotated the chores between the kids from the time they were 3 (3 years olds can vacuum and dust - kinda) better than not doing at all.

I have been sewing for 30 plus years - i have never picked up sewing scraps - i always told my kids that if they want this made then you need to work for it. lol
You are not alone!! I have 9 children, but all single births. the youngest 2 just graduated from high school, and the oldest is 35. I have 14 grandchildren so far! All the time the kids were growing up, I traveled the craft show circuit, selling wood items. so, they grew up surrounded by crafts and the mess that comes with it. A year and a half ago, I ended up disabled, and have come with the 2 youngest to live with an older daughter. She has a huge den which she has given me for sewing--of course it still creeps into the rest of the house
Old 06-29-2013, 10:28 AM

house work?? Whats that . It's just the 2 of us so just do what i need to when it gets necessary. I know I know I'm horrible
Old 06-29-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by hillcountrygal View Post
exactly wandava...
Haven't been to one cemetary and found a headstone that says "she was a good housekeeper".
love it!!!!