Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: White Daisy Fabrics??????

Banned
    Ok kids. Has anyone seen any White Daisy Fabrics in their shopping trips?

Jo-anns had a white daisy on a blue background. really pretty. i'm making a triple irish chain out if it now for my mom.

not sure how well you can see the daisy fabric, but here's a picture. jo-anns also has the same daisy print, but the daisies are larger. got some of that for the window toppers in her room.

[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...Resolution.jpg[/img]

Patty, that is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Patty, that is beautiful!
    thank you. i'm trying to finish up the quilting on it today. i had to give it to her unfinished :oops:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    Jo-anns had a white daisy on a blue background. really pretty. i'm making a triple irish chain out if it now for my mom.

not sure how well you can see the daisy fabric, but here's a picture. jo-anns also has the same daisy print, but the daisies are larger. got some of that for the window toppers in her room.

[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...Resolution.jpg[/img]
    THANK YOU THANK YOU for letting me know and blue is her fav. color..... Sooooo very cool. :D
    ooops :oops: forgot to mention your quilt is awesome..... your mom looks so happy with it

Patty what a gorgeous quilt you are making!! love the daisy fabric too!!

I'll be starting a Double Irish Chain in a week or so for Trevor's parents. Their wedding anniversary is in March. His Dad wanted me to make a quilt for his wife!

Beautiful quilt!

Patty, did I tell you daisies are one of my favorite flowers??? Hint hint hint
    :wink:

It is absolutely gorgeous!

hugs,
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    WOW ! I love it and I just know how much your Mother loved it also !
    Sharon

Izy
    Bev, I am glad you asked about daisy fabric, cos we got to see the beautiful quilt that :D :D :D

That's beautiful!!!

Sorry Bev, haven't seen any.

thank you everyone! didn't intend to steal thunder. it was the only picture i had of the fabric.

Bev, if you can't find it and want me to see if my store still has it (they did as of last week, with both size daisies), let me know. we can work something out. seems to me it was $3 a yard or so.

Nice job! How do you plan to quilt it? Looking forward to seeing the end result. TFS.

OMG I LOVE that quilt!! The fabric is absolutely perfect too!

Quote Originally Posted by marty_mo
    Nice job! How do you plan to quilt it? Looking forward to seeing the end result. TFS.
    it's just about done in the picture here. i used the even feed and basically followed the pattern of the diagonals. then i free-motioned around the white squares and a heart medallion in the center. just have the borders to do today!

Blog Entries
    Bev, I haven't been looking for daisy's in particular, so I can't help you there. Good luck finding some.

Patti, your quilt for your Mother is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Bev, I am glad you asked about daisy fabric, cos we got to see the beautiful quilt that :D :D :D
    yeah. pretty cool huh? i get my answer AND we get a pleasant surprise....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Bev, I haven't been looking for daisy's in particular, so I can't help you there. Good luck finding some.

Patti, your quilt for your Mother is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    that's ok hun.... i found quite a few online IF I can't find any here in town :D

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful and I am most intrigued by the photo that is sort of shaded into the one block and the working on the other blocks. What a treasure. I made a quilt for my 11 year old granddaughter. Our son was killed in a car accident when she was only 14 months old so she could not remember him so I made her a memory quilt with pictures of him from baby to just a few days before he died. On the back I put her most recent picture and his picture in his Army uniform next to it on the label with the words "I will always be your Guardian Angel". I put 2- 9" square pockets on the back, one for her to put a journal in to write things in that people tell her about her daddy and the other to write notes to him. I put long ties in it so that at night when she goes to bed she can say a prayer for him and tie a knot in one of the ties.
    She will not let it out of her sight and her half-siblings are not allowed to touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by dlf0122quilting
    Your quilt is absolutely beautiful and I am most intrigued by the photo that is sort of shaded into the one block and the working on the other blocks. What a treasure. I made a quilt for my 11 year old granddaughter. Our son was killed in a car accident when she was only 14 months old so she could not remember him so I made her a memory quilt with pictures of him from baby to just a few days before he died. On the back I put her most recent picture and his picture in his Army uniform next to it on the label with the words "I will always be your Guardian Angel". I put 2- 9" square pockets on the back, one for her to put a journal in to write things in that people tell her about her daddy and the other to write notes to him. I put long ties in it so that at night when she goes to bed she can say a prayer for him and tie a knot in one of the ties.
    She will not let it out of her sight and her half-siblings are not allowed to touch it.
    What a beautiful thoughtful thing to do for your granddaughter, know she will treasure it, brought tears to my eyes.

Patty, love your moms quilt, are the sayings purchased or did you do them somehow? :D

hi bluebird - the sayings are purchased from the local quilt shop. there were about 12 (?) of them. i used my favorite 6. they were only 5" squares so i had to add the inch to make them 6" finished blocks.

the pictures were edited using photoshop with the vignette feature and printed on kona cotton. the pictures aren't actually sewn into the quilt. i made 'photo corners' for those blocks and stabilizer/interfacing on the back of them. they just slide into their spot and when the quilt needs washed or we want to change out the pictures, we just take them out.

What a clever quilter you are to be able to remove the photo's when the quilt is washed. I have used the printed sayings from the quilt shops also, I think the name of the company that puts them out is something like "Talking Quilts" and they have special sayings for ffiends, daughters, mothers, sisters, etc.

Great job on the quilt, I do love the daisies also. They really brighten things up. My favorite flower is the Lilac, I come from the midwest but have lived in California since 1981 so I really miss them in May of every year.

here I go again...wow! fabricluvr, your quilt is way awesome and since I am yakking atcha, you are very pretty and seems that you favor your mom. Thanks for asking bevanger, lol!
    122quilting...that is the sweetest story about your granddaughter. I love it! So sorry for you and for her for the loss of your son, but so glad she has such a loving grandma.
    This board just makes me learn, laugh, cry and quilt!!! C

Patty. Your quilt it awesome. Love how you did the pictures--such a wonderful idea.

Your quilt is just beautiful! What a wonderful gift to give your mom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast