Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Who else has two sets of notions?

I'm guilty of having multiple sets of notions but not so much for classes but for different areas of the home and when I can't find the one I just had in my hand (which is often, I'm sorry to say).

I thought I was the only one that has two of almost everything!!!

Blog Entries
    I have duplicates and then some. I misplace everything in my sewing room, so having more than one of everything is a must!
    Bonnie

I've had absurd notions, frightening notions, slightly insane notions, preconceived notions, inspired notions and gol' durned notions. That makes at least six.Name:  images.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  4.0 KBSometimes I just take a notion.

I also have more than two sets of some things. Crazy isn't it?

Me, too. I have a machine that I keep in my car for classes, retreats and sew dates. With it is a bag of necessary notions including rulers, cutting mats and multi-pack of threads. I only have to gather project specific items. I am ready to sew at all times!

Okay, now you've got me thinking. I'm going to work on getting a travel bag ready. I know it would make things easier and add to the fun of sewing with my friends. Sometimes it seems like so much work to get everything together that I wonder why we do it. Then we get together and it is so much fun. There have been times in my life when I always had something with me to work on, but I got out of the habit when I went back to work. I need it just as much now! Thanks for the suggestion!
    Sheri (zkosh)
    Those who can, teach. Those who canít teach get into some less significant line of work.

I'm with you. I seem to put things down & then can't find them. I have mor than one of anything.

I have 2 sets of things(cutter,rulers...etc), one stays at home; the other stays packed in my Tutto bag for taking to sewing group. If I don't have things pre-packed, something gets left at home and of course I need it. I also have multiple,seam rippers, pin magnets and scissors; one goes in each of my treadle cabinet drawers.
    Sharon W.

Interesting read. I thought that I was the only one who had multiples of notions. I am trying to curtail the purchase of more, but it is hard when one sees a new ruler or gadget.

never have enough rippers...they seem to grow feet and walk away.......I wait for JoAnns to have 50%notion sale then I usually pick up "extras" of small stuff......not dups on rulers though...that can get quite pricey........
    I wish though, that someone would make a hand needle threader a bit stronger and longer lasting than those silly little silver things with the thin wire that is offered.......I go through those like crazy when I am doing handwork..........any suggestions would be appreciated.......

Blog Entries
    I have multiple sets of notions. I need things at my cutting table, at my sewing table, at my planning table, near the couch when I am working on hand projects. I used to have a set that I used for everything. Then after looking for them multiple times, I went out and purchased more as money would permit. Now I am well stocked and seldom lose anything. Love it.
    Peggy
    Keep on Quilting!
    http://www.beehivequilts.com
    http://www.beehivequilt.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I have more than two sets just for my sewing room!! Too many time I have lost a small ruler , pincushion , sissors etc ... so I have way more than two sets of notions( the ones I use the most). I only hope I can find the one I need at that moment I need it.
    I have at least two sets of most notions. I leave one set in my bag that I take to classes, retreats and sew-ins. Before I got the extra notions, I was always forgetting something important (everything is important!). Now I don't have to worry about forgetting something.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron View Post
    I've had absurd notions, frightening notions, slightly insane notions, preconceived notions, inspired notions and gol' durned notions. That makes at least six.Name:  images.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  4.0 KBSometimes I just take a notion.
    Thanks for the chuckle! I needed that!

I have two houses, two sewing rooms, two sewing machines and duplicates of almost everything. Dozens of scissors, seam rippers, rotary cutters and rulers.

Now that I spend eight hours with my mother at my sister's apartment, I have a second set to make the blocks for quilts. That includes a sewing machine.
    Nothing beats a try but a failure.
    We all fall short of the mark.

I think I have 2 or more of most small sewing notions because I misplace so many things and don't want to waste a lot of quilting time looking for them. I usually find everything and put it back in place when I finish a project and pick up my sewing area.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

I have two or more of some rulers, rotary cutters, scissors, etc. I hand embroider and applique so I have a little travel kit with some duplicates and unique items. I use the travel kit at home too.

Guilty as charged.

Annie

I have 2 sets. One for home and one packed and ready for travel. It seems I was always forgetting something crucial at home. Problem solved!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Me--one stays packed for outings. In my sewing room I have several of everything. I just bought a new ruler because the numbers were wearing off on the old one but i keep the old one for a back up. Silly i know.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

RDM
    Blog Entries
    Great idea. I've come home from a class minus something thus my project was on temporary hold, your idea would keep this from happening. I have 2 sets of some notions only because I forget what I previously bought.

I have two sets only because half my quilting stuff is here in my apartment and half is across town in a storage unit and I can't find anything when I need it so I end up going and buying what I already know I have somewhere. I'm not the best at being organized and I'm really paying for it, not just with money but also fustration!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3