Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
who gets the booby prize today? >

who gets the booby prize today?

who gets the booby prize today?

Old 05-07-2010, 11:15 AM

if you really want the pink out try soaking in Biz overnight. Works wonders for me.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:19 AM

Oh, ouch,,, Yep, I have done that too..
Old 05-07-2010, 11:28 AM

[quote=raptureready]
Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
OK, here is my entry into the idiot of the day category.

I'm fighting with the binding on my quilt. I sewed it on the front and am using a decorative stitch from the front to sew the binding down in the back. There are about a zilion pins in this thing. Somehow, as I'm carrying this thing to the sewing machine my feet get all tangled up in the quilt and I end up on the floor with about 6 pins in my butt and the back of my legs. Yikes!
I did something like that once. I heard a siren right outside my window when I was hand sewing. I jumped up to see what was happening. I was barefoot. I dropped my needle and stepped on it. I found HALF of it on the floor. Couldn't get the other half out of my foot. It took the ER doc 15 minutes to get it out, and I was on crutches for DAYS. Did I mention that I was 15 years old and MORTIFIED when everyone asked me what happened.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:34 AM

I hate to burst everyone's bubble about vinegar. It may work with some dyes, but it doesn't work with ALL dyes. Ask me how I know. LOL. Always test the fabric you THINK you've fixed with vinegar by washing it AGAIN.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:56 AM

Hi Lisa_wanna_b_quilter,

I must admit, your story had me laughing. It would be something I would do. Lately, as I have been sewing rows of squares together, I keep sticking my fingers on the pins holding the rows together. Now, I am a person w/diabetes and I have to stick my fingers at least 3 times a day to check my blood sugar. I do not need extra pin pricks from the pins in my quilts!!! LOL!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
OK, here is my entry into the idiot of the day category.

I'm fighting with the binding on my quilt. I sewed it on the front and am using a decorative stitch from the front to sew the binding down in the back. There are about a zilion pins in this thing. Somehow, as I'm carrying this thing to the sewing machine my feet get all tangled up in the quilt and I end up on the floor with about 6 pins in my butt and the back of my legs. Yikes!
Oh man, that sounds painful! I had to laugh though because a few weeks ago I turned to press something, got a little too close to the iron and just for a split second that hot iron got WAY too friendly with one of my "girls." It wasn't there long enough to cause any real damage but it scared me. It left a rather painful red mark but that went away after a few days.
i did the same thing last night....i must not have moved away fast enough cause it blistered a bit...kind of like a bad sunburn....i was sure i was the only one ever to do that one!!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:47 PM

I think I should get it because I let myself run out of the correct needles right in the middle of completing my quilt top and back.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:58 PM

Glad your liking your "New Fabric" - How about pictures so we can all see!

The burned girls is really funny. Sometimes I sit to iron because I've been on my feet all day and don't want to stand up anymore. I keep visualizing Dropping the Iron in my lap and having to explain that...that would NOT be funny!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Rapture - Are we suppose to be doing this in the nude???........
You mean you DON'T???
Old 05-07-2010, 05:56 PM

Black and pink.... think "Elvis". :)