Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who likes to  paper piece? Lets Chit Chat! >

Who likes to paper piece? Lets Chit Chat!

Who likes to paper piece? Lets Chit Chat!

Old 03-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LUV2QLT
Originally Posted by sandpat
I love it too! I also have a little trouble lining up the units to sew them together. I just figured out that a great way to do it is to use the glue pen!!! Yes...glue! I works much better than the pins for me. I'm doing the Jane quilt and those tiny blocks ..you have to be perfect on the triangles..I found the glue to be just the right thing. The one I use is a Sewline fabric glue pen.
This is a learning process to figure out how to reply on this board - sorry! This is what I was replying to - the glue pen - any ideas as to where to purchase one?
Danmar and Ninnie...great looking blocks!!!!

I bought mine at my LQS...but you should be able to order one maybe from somewhere online...Google Sewline glue pen...I bet you will find bunches of them.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:04 AM

LUV2QLT, You did a beautiful job? That is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 AM

I love to PP!! I've just learned how too and I agree, my points point!!! :thumbup:
Old 03-23-2010, 05:19 AM

I just learned to PP last month. I did a couple of Christmas ornaments and was pleased with them. I'm working on a tulip but ran into a problem with a curved leaf. I'll post it when I get it finished. Thanks for all the discussion & tips. A lot to learn but it's so worth it. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:26 AM

I just did my first one yesterday. I did find it confusing at first, but it's getting better! Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24545.jpe  
Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by krazy4quilts
Marilyn,
Super job. See I told you, you can do it. I have that light blue fabric with the pink flowers.
Thank you Krazy Girl!!! I saw your first PP too. You did a great job on it. Did you have problems making it? I didn't want to use any of my favorite fabrics for this, just in case I decided I needed to throw it in the trash!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep posting pictures of your projects. Maybe it'll give me the inspiration to keep trying. I sure hope so or those Mariner's Compasses and New York Beauty's and others are really going to be a problem!!! :mrgreen:
Old 03-23-2010, 05:40 AM

Love this pattern. Would you share?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by LUV2QLT
I love it too! I also have a little trouble lining up the units to sew them together. I just figured out that a great way to do it is to use the glue pen!!! Yes...glue! I works much better than the pins for me. I'm doing the Jane quilt and those tiny blocks ..you have to be perfect on the triangles..I found the glue to be just the right thing. The one I use is a Sewline fabric glue pen.
This is a learning process to figure out how to reply on this board - sorry! This is what I was replying to - the glue pen - any ideas as to where to purchase one?
Danmar and Ninnie...great looking blocks!!!!

I bought mine at my LQS...but you should be able to order one maybe from somewhere online...Google Sewline glue pen...I bet you will find bunches of them.
Thank you Sandpat! I appreciate it. I'm wondering if I'm going to get the hang of this or not. I need the encouragement! :lol:
Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 AM

well i have 2 more patterns printed out. Im going to do the snowflake and 700 member celebration one.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:00 AM

If we start this pp habit, does this mean we need to keep more of our scraps?

(I'm so disorganzied already!)