Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who is shopping for fabric this Memorial Day Weekend? >

Who is shopping for fabric this Memorial Day Weekend?

Who is shopping for fabric this Memorial Day Weekend?

Old 05-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned

I plan on going to Hancock Fabrics Monday for the big sale they are having. 60% off already marked down outdoor fabrics!!!

I am going to make a new umbrella and cushions for the eating table and chairs since we went and bought all new 1940's-1950's style furniture for the patio. We picked up the retro glider (Yellow) and chairs (green) from Lowes, and I built a really cool fire pit with a 50's style wonky octagon top around it. I need to finish the top with the crushed colored glass and grout it but I can do that next week after I paint it.

With all of our Tiki torches and the light up pink Flamingos I put up and around the patio it looks really "Kool Daddy-O"!!! :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 05-29-2010, 08:29 PM

I would love too but it is just not in the budget. Besides, I can't think of anything I really need.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:39 PM

I went today to JoAnn's (30 miles away) and bought material, patterns, books, and supplies. I also bought a table Ott light for 1/2 price, plus my 10% off total purchases. Yeah!!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:22 AM

I did not get any "10% off my entire order coupon" Where is my flier? OOOOOO I will be sick to my stomach if I missed out on that.. Sounds like a lot of people got a good deal. Congratulations everybody, guess I need to go tomorrow, unless my hubby comes up with new plans for tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
I did not get any "10% off my entire order coupon" Where is my flier? OOOOOO I will be sick to my stomach if I missed out on that.. Sounds like a lot of people got a good deal. Congratulations everybody, guess I need to go tomorrow, unless my hubby comes up with new plans for tomorrow.
They've been giving them out in the stores for the last couple weeks, so if you ask, you might be able to get one.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:22 AM

I may have to check out Jo Anne's, always can use more fabric.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
My LQS has a sale on right now, 30% all fabrics and notions and some quilting cottons for $1.99 a yard. I want to go, but I am a gimp, had knee surgery on Tuesday. I am thinking of maybe trying to get out on Saturday, the last day of the sale........
Another LQS has a 20% sale going on for the weekend too, that one is a little bit further away, won't be able to drive there..
I had total knee replacement and that was the best thing I ever did for myself. The recovery was slow, probably due to my weight, but I have been knee pain free for several years. The next is mt back and I am shying away from that.
I wish I could get out and shop, my car isnt working to well.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:04 AM

some really good buys at Joann's..not particularly all quilting...beautiful wreaths for summer..$34.99 for $9.99..pretty good, right?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Yes, I'm buying several totes of fabric from a woman who can no longer sew due to medical issues and she has cleaned out her stash. This will take place on Monday. I'm very much looking forward to getting all the fabric, going through it, and imagining the possibilities.
Well, let me tell you - I drove an hour to get the fabric - the 'deal went down' in a Taco Bell parkinng lot, and drove an hour home with a full trunk. Hadn't looked closely at anything yet, but was wondering if I wasted my money or did OK. After dinner, I started looking at the loot. I didn't think I would ever come to the bottom of the bags! I took each piece out to examine and measure. I took notes on paper. At the end, I tallied up that I had just bought 92 yards of fabric. With the exception of 4 yards of red flannel, 1 yard of gorgeous blue velvet, and 1/2 yard of blue linen, everything else was excellent quality quilting cottons in very large pieces. It's fabulous! Some of the fabric still had the store labels with yardage and price on them.
Hip, hip, hooray!! Awesome. :thumbup:
(But, I have OCD tendencies and want to get it washed and ironed and put in the proper place.) :thumbdown:
Old 05-31-2010, 04:52 PM

Wow!! And congrats.!!