Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who is your favorite "sew"lebrity? >

Who is your favorite "sew"lebrity?

Who is your favorite "sew"lebrity?

Old 09-06-2016, 12:37 PM

I like Jenny Doan for quilt ideas and Angela Walters for quilting. Admire many others too.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Mary Fons for her wit, writing and creativity. Leah Day for her contribution to FMQ.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

I enjoy Mary Fons' blog. I met her this past spring and chatted a while and she signed a poster for me which is hanging in my quilting room. She is delightful. Easy to talk to. I love Eleanor Burns. She has taught me a lot. I like Leah Day - her backstory is quite interesting. Alex Anderson on Simply Quilts is the one who made me think quilting was a possibility for me. I do miss that show.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:55 PM

simply quilts and QIAD started me on this journey....have encountered several talents along the way....some lasting, others one shot wonders, but have learned something from each.....
Old 09-06-2016, 02:29 PM

Edyta Sitar
Old 09-06-2016, 03:02 PM

I really would love to meet with Georgia Bonesteel. When I was getting into quilting again in the '80's there was a series on PBS by Ms Bonesteel. In the series she had one quilt that fascinated me. After going to a few quilt stores and quilt shows, no one had heard of the pattern so I wrote to her. She not only responded to me, she sent me a pattern. That was incredibly nice of her. I have met Eleanor Burns at a Quilt Show. She was nice but very busy. And I would love to meet Deirdre McElroy, another hand quilter, her work is excellent, she wrote a fantastic book and I would love to see her work in person and watch her quilt.

I am always in awe of people that have the imagination to make the patterns and designs.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:21 PM

I record Fons & Porter's "Love of Quilting" show every Saturday and watch at my leisure. I learn a lot from each guest and host, but particularly enjoy when Patrick Lose is on. His voice is easy to listen to, he has a humble nature, and he inspires me to try machine applique.

I love to listen to Pat Sloan's podcast. She is warm and friendly, asks good questions of her guests, and seems genuinely interested in them. Some hosts do way too much talking. She listens well.

I like Jenny Doan's tutorials and her sweet, easy-going spirit, her voice and her laugh.

Eleanor Burns for her fun personality, complete with double entendres that crack me up.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:30 PM

I like Susan-Claire Mayfield of The Gourmet Quilter. JennyDoan was my favorite until I discovered Susan.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:28 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I've always loved Mary Ellen Hopkins and was blessed to be numbered among her friends. I was deeply saddened by her death a few years ago.

I also adore the colors and sweeping designs of Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry (http://www.bryerpatch.com/) and the amazing life she has led.

Jan in VA
Old 09-06-2016, 04:50 PM

I have always admired Jinny Beyer and was fortunate to travel to one of her Hilton Head Seminars before they ended. I love her classic taste of colours and quilts, and at that time she was still piecing her quilts by hand. I had also managed to watch a video of her with her yarns.... so rich and colourful. She was a wonderful teacher at the seminar and we all walked the beach together...very special memories. These days... I guess I do check on Bonnie Hunter's quiltville.com more often than any other place. I do love scrappies but have only made one of her mystery quilts so far.