Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why do you like your machine >

Why do you like your machine

Why do you like your machine

Old 04-14-2011, 01:22 AM

I have a Janome Memory Craft 6500. It came with all the accessory feet, it has the ability to do writing. It is very smooth and not loud. It is easy to thread and change bobbins. I do not have to mess with alot of stuff. It sews even the heaviest material to the lightest. It is a quilting machine so I can do what ever I need with out alot of messing around.. LOL..
Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 AM

Prism99 wrote "I love my Bernina 1230 and would buy it again. What I like about it -- always reliable and ready to sew, no tension problems ever, "hums" softly while it works, has needle/down, easy to adjust stitch length and stitch width, etc.

There are some additional features I'd like, such as auto-cutting of thread, a better memory, default to the last setting I put on the machine (rather than the preset factory setting), but I can live without all of those things as long as my baby remains so responsive to my every whim.......

I particularly like the sound of my machine. It's soothing!"

I have the same machine and agree with every point! I also love using it for FMQing, I never have tension issues!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy11442
I have a Pfaff 2170 with the IDT for sale. It has all the bells and whistles but I never could learn the embroidery part. Too difficult. Now have a Janome 11000 and love it.
Ditto!! I don't embroider on my 2170 either, but I love how it sews. I do all my embroidery on my Janome.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:21 AM

I have a Brother HS2000 & I love it because it's easy to use, very lightweight & has lots of fancy stitches I can use. It will sew over blue jean seams to fix my DH shorts & it sews like a dream. I would have liked a bigger throat, but it's about standard from what I've seen, so it's a great little workhorse!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:59 AM

Sorry to hear you don't like your Viking. What don't you like about it?

I have 2 Vikings, a Lily and a Sapphire. I love both machines. They are very low maintenance, I've never had problems with tension and you don't have to oil them. And they sew like a dream, from the lightest weight fabrics to heavy layers of denim and leather.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:04 AM

I have a Singer Futura 150 Sewing and Embroidery machine and I just LOVE it! I would buy it again!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:30 AM

I have a Brother 2002ULTD. I have used it a lot for both sewing and embroidery. Not had too many problems with it, just a few times in the shop, only drawback is using the floppy now for embroidery. Might be getting a new one this summer-we'll see.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:34 AM

Love my babylock espire so much, wouldn't trade it in for anything, including a bernina. It runs beautifully, stitches are nice, and can't beat the price compared to the berninas, still learning lots of new things about it, haven't used it to its full ability's yet, Just bought a bobbin work kit for it last week while dropping off for its yearly service, can't wait to get my baby back and use it
Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 AM

I have a 70 Elna Super - my favorite. Doesn't take that extra stitch that the electronic do and has the best stretch stitches. Second favorite is the Viking 1100 - has enough power to sew through 4 layers of leather for my biker friends, the real work horse of my studio. Least favorite is the Viking D1. It does nice embroidery work, but I hardly ever use it for regular sewing. I believe we all have our favorites for the type of sewing we do and what works for me most of the time is to keep them all. The other two machines are about to find new homes. I haven't used them in the last 6 months. It's hard to use 5 sewing machines, serger and long arm by one woman LOL. There isn't enough hours in the day.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:51 AM

I have a Janome Horizon 7700. Love it, has alot of great features including the 11" throat space and wonderful lighting. I must admit though, that even though it didn't have nearly as much to offer...I miss my Janome 2007LE, it was one great machine!!