Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you read The Quilting Board?

I come to the QB to learn, share and have fun. My quilting has improved so much because of the tips and techniques posted. I love looking at the pictures of everyone's quilts - it's like a mini quilt show every time I look. I enjoy reading about other people's stories - the frustrating as well as the successful. When I can't get to my sewing, this board keeps me in the quilting frame of mind. Like someone else said, I get my quilting fix. It's a wonderful place to come and be a part of the quilting world.

All of the above. Stop and think how much quilting has changed in the last forty years. If I had stopped learning when I started in the early 70's I would be cutting fabric with scissors, using cardboard templates, be aware of only traditional quilting methods. Well you get the idea, quilting is a rich and ever changing art and this Board is a show case for that variety. However great the info is the gentle, caring, generous way our members treat each other is the best. Some days you make me smile, cry and laugh, all in a twenty minute period. The saddest part about your friend is that if you don't think you can learn anything new, your probably right.

I joined this quilting board last year after starting on my first quilt. I searched and searched the internet for help/guidance and this was the one. I enjoy reading about everyone's achievements. What I have enjoyed the most is all the links people give. It has cut down on my searching for fabric sites, how-to/tutorials, and a whole host of other websites. This board makes me feel like I belong and that is good for me as I don't have anyone near me that quilts.

I love this board, so informational, beautiful quilts and quilting, such friendly, helping people. God Bless.

The friendly caring attitude of "look here, I did this, you can too", the opportunities to find what you're looking for (a certain fabric, a technique, an idea, an opinion) or help someone else do the same, the swaps and challenges, the fellowship of like minded individuals from all over the world. This board is the greatest!

I love the board and have learned so much!!!!

Ilove this board I also have learned a lot from visiting here. I am meeting a member of this board that I have met
    and we only live about 4 miles from each other we are going to chat over pop or coffee.
    "BIG SKY COUNTRY"

I get up every morning. Get my coffee and read the board before I do anything. I am always learning new and easier ways to do stuff. You will never know everything and things change all the time. Just got a new embroidery machine and guess were I went first to read everything about the machines??? HERE BABY. lol

I check the boards a couple of time a day. It's amazing how much I've learned from everyone else's experiences. New products, new techniques. Plus everyone is so positive, there's no snarkiness.

I come here to learn, and to interact with other quilters. I live in the country and it gets kinda lonely out here with no one to talk to. I do go to church, but there is only one other lady that quilts. I love to talk quilting and my poor dh can only take so much, and the kids don't want to hear it at all!! I love the comradely and how friendly everyone is and how willing everyone is to help where they can.

I come to the board to see all the projects peole make, to learn new tecniques, and to chat some. All in all this is a great site to learn and enjoy. Mary
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

I'm 67 and just this winter trying to learn to quilt. I use the board to answer questions and solve problems. MY main problem is I read the board too much! I have fibromyaldia so I try to limit my board surfing to the days I can't function out of bed. I love this board.

I come to the board to learn....and I do! I learn how to fix my ooops. I learn how to fix tension problems. I learn how to pick the right colors. I learn that there are so many different patterns that I want to make (not always a good thing...lol). I learn about fmq. I learn about applique. And above everything else, I've learned that there are so many things I don't know and that I can learn all I can ever soak up right here!

For me it is like having my morning coffee with a group of friends who share the same love of quilting as I do. It is seeing all the beautiful work done by those friends and learning new ways of doing things. I have been sewing and quilting for more years than I like to think of but I have read on here of new ways to do some things that have made it much better for me. We are never to old or experienced to learn new things. And it is so good to be able to help someone who is learning our craft. I laugh with, cry with, and pray for all my friends here and you all have been a blessing for me.

I am a new quilter and I don't "chime in" much, yet but I come to this board to learn from everyone.. There is so much knowledge that I feel i can ask any question and I will get a response.. Love this forum

My reasons are "all of the above." lol. I really like all the ideas, encouragement, helpful advice, commraderie, an everything else this board brings to us at the click of a mouse. Does anyone remember all the hoopla when the board changed its style? I figured it would just take a little time for us to get used to the changes, and most of us have. Afterall, it's still the same wonderful board it was in the beginning!
    SittingPretty

For me, QB is a resource...for everything quilty! I was dragged kicking & screaming into the quilting world by a virtual-penpal-now-friend-that-just-lives-far-away who decided we would exchange quilts for Christmas. I knew NOTHING about building a quilt. But I know enough about the 'net to know there are places like THIS where like-minded individuals go to share everything-quilty together.

• I frequent the tutorials board for just that
    • I frequent the pictures board for inspiration (who doesn't love show & tell?!)
    • I love the Main board for "I'm-sure-there's-someone-else-out-there-with-this-same-question" and new techniques (who knew we could glue!)
    • I'm starting to hang out more on the Links & Resources board

And I've been stalking some of your blogs!
    There is so much information out there that it's a shame what we actually miss when we're NOT connected to the 'net!

Blog Entries
    To learn from you all and to share what I know.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I visit to learn more about our craft. Although I have been quilting for the better part of 20 years, I am always looking for a better way to do something - and the answers are always here! There is such a wealth of experience, knowledge, and new ideas on this site. What's not to love?

Blog Entries
    I come to QB every morning, I enjoy reading about what you have all done, I have learnt so much since joining QB which I share with my friends here, but most of all you are my friends, whether you are aware of this or not, I could not imagine a day going by with out your hand in friends
    God Bless you all

I've been sewing since I was a child and made my first quilt in 1978. I found this board while doing an internet search for a specific fabric that I needed to finish a quilt and a member had several yards for sale.

I have a lousy sense of color and just being able to post my projects in progress and get opinions on colors means the world to me. I would never have attempted an OBW (and would never have even known what it is) if I hadn't seen the thread about them. I would never have known about I Spy quilts and finished four of them so far. I love when people post photos of family members and pets with their quilts as I live alone and my family is far away.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    I come to the Quilting Board because who else is going
    to understand my passions for buying fabric, cutting it
    apart into pieces and then sewing it all back together into
    a wonderful pattern.

Sure my husband knows that I love fabric and sewing and
    he even looks over my shoulder sometimes when I am lost
    in reading something in a quilting magazine, and he will make
    a comment on quilts he likes, but he just doesn't understand
    our quilting minds.

Plus I love to look at the pictures of all the wonderful things everyone
    is making, learn tips and tricks as well as share my tips and tricks with
    other.

Lets face it quilters are more fun because you never know what we
    will create.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I come here for information, to be inspired by people's quilts and to see how they organize their sewing rooms. Plus there is something special about connecting with kindred spirits! The moderators do a fantastic job managing this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Higdon View Post
    I come to this board for encouragement, inspiration and the vast amount of knowledge that is so willingly shared. I have learned sooo much from here. No matter what kind of help you need, there are so many willing to guide you step by step. If I need a pattern or anything I can not find Isimply post on the board and it is not long before someone sends a link to the source. You can not get this from a book. Priceless
    Exactly why I come as well. My original idea was because I didn't know anyone around me who actually quilts, so I wanted some more inspiration and to be able to continue to learn and be challenged. This place will do that!

Blog Entries
    I come for inspiration. I see quilts that I would never in a million years think to make. I love getting inspiration from all over the world and although I've been quilting for many years, I learn at least one thing everytime I visit the quilting board.
    Bernie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast