Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why do you read The Quilting Board?

I visit this site 'cause I haven't been able to join a guild, work etc and been there, done that. This site gives me inspiration.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Like I've mentioned earlier, I'm getting back into the quilting little bit by little bit. This board has been a tremendous help to me. I also love to open up my daily e-mail (The QB) I tell my DH. I have downloaded a lot of information from the different links. I asked a friend of mine who is a lifelong quilter, if she was a member. She said she knew all there was to know about quilting. The one day we were talking about a quilting issue and I referred her to a link I had from the QB. "I was not aware" she said. We can just learn so much no matter how long we've been doing something. As they say learn something new everyday. Thank You Quilting Board!

I come here for the knowledge that is shared. Everyone is so encouraging, and insperational. I have learned so much just from looking and reading. Thank you all!

I'm a fairly new quilter so need all the help I can get. I find new ideas for quilts as well as colors that go well. When I find a quilt someone has put up for all to see, if it tweaks my interest I save it into my "Future Quilts" folder to go back to. When I was working on a normal D9P, someone showed us their "on point" version and it made me want to do mine that way. I get lots of great advice, suggestions, sites to check out.

There are a bunch of great, nice folks here and I am always made to feel welcomed even if I ask stupid questions. So I'm so thankful I have this site to come to every morning to read what everyone else is doing. Thanks to all here.

Suz in Iowa

Blog Entries
    I love this BOARD. I am not smart on this lap top but I can read and learn from all of you, so better and much more fun than all my books. I have finished more quilts here than when in the guild.Someone allways has a tip or a new pattern I have to make. I do not post often but I am here happy and wanting to learn more.THANKS,MIMI

I absolutely love this place. It's my go to for any question or information I may need. I am retired, do not belong to a guild, am home bound because of care giving. So this place is my therapy, my social network, my school, my refuge, my cup of coffee.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I have made a few friends via the board (heheh you know who you are !LOL) and to learn a new trick or two for quilting.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow, that description could describe me; and I think this lady is very misguided. Anyone who thinks that they are beyond any improvement and cannot learn any more from others, is very sad. I am in my 70's and have been quilting since 1988 and I learn something new on here every day..
    Judy
    Friendship is the fabric of our lives!

I am new to piecing- just retired and needed a hobby. In addition to all of the wonderful resources and assistance, it is very reaffirming and inspiring to visit here. For example, who knew there were other people out there who have a love affair with fabric? I thought I was wierd. I love going to quilt stores now and can hardly restrain myself when I see a fabric I like. I built a stash in no time flat and really love just looking at it. Finding others who feel the same was so reaffirming. I love all of the links that are provided and am amazed at how many people respond to questions. You know the latest techniques and gadgets. I like those gadgets too. And where would we beginners be without the generous advice from experienced quilters. I would never have thought about trying to actually quilt on a domestic sewing machine, but I am inspired to think I might be able to do that one day. It is so empowering.

DJ
    I come here mostly to see the pictures of what others have done and to be inspired. I always end up learning something new. It's also a way to help beginners with their questions. Many advantages over playing games! Although I have some games I like to play, too.

Blog Entries
    I come because I like it and the people on it, who lift you up when your down and in a funk and with all the help they are ready to share. It is just a nice place to visit.

I visit here every morning it's like having morning coffee with a group of friends ,there always seems to be some new info to store up for later recall. thanks QB and freinds
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

I like coming to the Quilting Board to look at all the beautiful quilts posted, the tutorials, ideas for projects, I enjoy all the comments made, etc...Everyone on here seems to have positive things to say and you can't say that for every group-It's just a fun positive place to spend time.

Me too. I have gotten a bunch of people to check it out, and most have joined in. I can't imagine anyone thinking they don't need to learn more about quilting. Im not quite 70, but close, and I still have soooooooooooooo much to learn. If I ever get half of the quilts done with new techniques I will have to live to be over 100 and still quilting, but I'm gonna give it a good try

Blog Entries
    I do read the board almost every day. Besides the pictures of the quilts. I am really thankful to people that give me a link to a website. I would never have found some of the URL's I have check out. I also liked following along on the sew alongs on Sundays. Although I did not sew along, it was fun reading the enthusiasm of the quilters.

Blog Entries
    I come to improve my quilting skills, learn different tricks and tips, to see other people's quilts and to be inspired. There are amazing things here.

I love this Quiling Broard, I have learned a lot of things here and I look forward to checking it every day. Thanks to all of you ............Mary C

Blog Entries
    Haven't read all the posts but I come here for FUN, FUN, FUN. When I can't get to the QB I almost go into withdrawal.
    TwandasMom

I consider the QB one of the best information sights about Quilting and lots of other things. I met a lady from Oregon
    that wanted a teddy bear pattern. We have been corriponding for over 1 year now and would miss her if I didn't get
    a note every day from her. QB , what a great source of all kinds of subjects. and great sewing and quilting know how.
    I have sewn all my life but quilted for about 10 years. Enjoy every moment I can steal to do it.
    Thank you all for all the great service you share with all the rest of us.

Flo in NNY

I enjoy this site for many of the reasons mentioned by others. There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge on this site and quilters, by nature, are very generous people; of their time, talent and experience. The pictures of quilts are such an inspiration. I wil save a picture to a file on my computer. Printing it out is a great idea!

I also really enjoy participating in the various swaps, secret pals, row robins, block exchanges, etc. It really makes me focus on improving my skills. I've been quilting for nearly 30 years and will always have something to learn.

Since I'm involved in a local quilt guild, I use some of the ideas I get from this site with my guild.

Keep up the wonderful work everyone!

Jane
    Jane

I learn, I share, I grow
    SueSew
    "If it's messy, eat it over the sink!" Mom

I come because I'm a newbie, and it's a great place to learn tips, tricks, product reviews, and tutorials. I've met new friends (local to me as well as long distance) and received encouragement when I needed it. So, in case I haven't said it in another forum, thanks to all of the board members for letting me "play".
    ​Nancy

When I moved to SC over 2 years ago, I left behind my quilting group--my sisters in quilting. I enjoyed so much the sisterhood I felt with those women. I didn't know anyone here and was so lonely and depressed. When I found this board it was a great substitute for that group of friends/women. I read what others are going through and will share if I have something to contribute. I don't want to join a guild, but would love to be a part of a women's group again and this board has been good for me. Donna

I actually swore off for almost 60 days as I felt I was spending too much time on the computer and the net in general and had joined a number of yahoo groups to the point where my email box had way too many emails each day. I missed the tips and exchange of ideas so much that I now am back, and have limited other things to reduce time on the computer and free up more sewing time.Pat
    pat design

This is a good place to learn new tips and tricks and get ideas for more quilts. Questions can be answered in a matter of minutes. Great place to klearn!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast