Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will not ship to Box number! >

Will not ship to Box number!

Will not ship to Box number!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by mim
UPS and Fed EX really DO ship to PO boxes. At my home post office in Maine the UPS truck comes almost every day -- when I asked the postmistress she said of course they come.

Also here in FL when I was in the PO to mail a package the Fed Ex guy unloaded a huge pile of packages in the lobby for PO boxes. Maybe it has something to do with wanting receipt signing -- that the PO won't do.
I think it really depends on the area, and where there is maybe an agreement between the the three shippers. In more rural areas, it's probably cheaper for UPS/FedEx to be able drop off packages at the post office - saves on gas.

But both my post offices - in Manhattan and SE Florida - won't accept packages from other carriers.

Edited to add: AND FedEx/UPS won't deliver to those the post offices.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:00 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Gennynut
I noticed that some ebay sellers will not ship to postal boxes!They just lost my patronage.
Back to this from OP Gennynut -

Just a thought -

Is your US POBox a confirmed PayPal address? Is your eBay/PayPal account info listed at the same address? Because most shippers won't ship to an unconfirmed addresses. I don't. Too much of a hassle if something goes wrong.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

just got this from a friend in AU about the flat rate envelopes and companies- so things are changing.
http://www.bugfabric.com/order_info.htm
Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 AM

I live in a rural area where most folks get their mail delivered, but we don't because we live on Main Street. Our PO does NOT accept UPS or Fed Ex deliveries, so our billing and shipping addresses never match (which sometimes causes its own problems cough*PayPal*cough).

However, there is a local shipping store that WILL accept UPS or Fed Ex deliveries for people who don't want items dropped at their homes. Our version is a home-grown, small-office-in-the-locally-owned-grocery store deal, but I know there are places in nearby cities that offer this service as well. You might check it out!

Or, is there a business owner nearby you work with frequently who could take delivery for you?

It is a problem, no doubt about it. I'd wager most companies that send UPS/FedEx will not send to a PO Box, which is unfortunate but also understandable from a logistics point of view. After all, UPS and FedEx are competition with the post office/USPS ;)
Old 01-08-2011, 10:06 AM

Like I said - I give them my street address where UPS and FedEx both deliver too and if they won't take it because there computer claims there is no such address they lose my order. When I order things online most of the time I am able to override the address and it is delivered fine, so if a company won't do that - I cancel and order elsewhere. Even our local businesses only have 911 physical addresses. I can understand totally them not delivering to PO Boxes.