Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on? >

Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on?

Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on?

Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 PM

I will if I get the chance. I *should* be done DS's quilt by then (just quilting the borders at the moment, all that's left after that is binding and I'll be doing a "self binding" or whatever that's called where you pull over from the back). Soooo, I have two projects I want to get a good start on (not necessarily on Jan 1). I need to get the appliques started for my husband's quilt, and I want to start an Irish Chain lap quilt for my grandmother.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:58 PM

I'm going to be working on a purse for #1 son's soon to be fiancée. I will have football on in the sewing room, DH and #2 son in the living room, grandson [#2 son's son] will be playing his new Wii game in the family room and running into the living room every time he hears a reaction from Dad or Pawpaw. Dogs will be going in and out. Snacky football food and text messages from #1 son as the games progress. Football day/night/weekend in America, Go teams!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 PM

NOOOOOO!

Will be celebrating and dancing in the kitchen with my little ones!

Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 PM
np3
Power Poster

I'm working on a wedding quilt from western fabric. They both work with horses on a ranch. The bride-to-be is the Godmother of my granddaughter who is helping me. Both grandkids will be here for a sleepover Thursday and Friday and we plan to finish it then. I've also got plans to start a new quilt for my bedroom and a golfing theme quilt for my DH to cuddle under while we watch TV at night. Still making Easy Fold Potholders and working on some tabletops. No pressure with deadlines and I am loving it!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:12 PM

I most likely will hide out in my sewing room on New Year's Day. I don't care to watch football (unless my favorite team is playing) so I can pick up where I left off before the holidays and watch DVDs, also. What will I be working on? Well, there is a Let It Snow wallhanging that I almost have finished...and I also need to do a snowman panel for the A Door a-Doodle wall-hanging that hangs in my kdg classroom. I also need to work on catching up on a BOM that I am doing. It will be nice to get back to doing some sewing...I have not touched my machine since the weekend before Thanksgiving.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:22 PM

I hope I will be sewing. My hubby has been finishing up some bookcases he has been building and so it is my turn to have some fun and he can watch the baby.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:46 PM

I wish!!! We are having New Years Dinner at our house, and the next day we are having several friends over for dinner before one goes in for Heart Surgery. Am also making a lot of food to freeze for when she comes home from the hospital. Also getting lots of food ready for my DH new food program. I will be cooking from now until after the 3rd of Jan. Turkey soup, split pea and ham soup, chili, rigatoni, beef stew, chicken stew, stuffed cabbage, meatloaves and more, and all have to go into one pint containers. Then...it will be time for meeee to quilt!!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? If so what will you be working on?

I will be making some more of the Grandmother Flower Garden blocks by hand while hubby is watching football.
I will be making blankets for everyone in the family and restarting on my first quilt for the inlaws. Happy New Year!!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:12 AM

I will actually be working that day but the day after that is mine all mine to get work done on my 2 UFO's. That will be my actual new years day activity.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:18 AM
tmg

I hope so. It will depend on how much sleep i get. My DD is having an ALL night new years eve party.