Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? >

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:08 AM

While I was cleaning out and reorganizing my sewing room I found two sets of blocks and some matching yardage for each set. The first set is together and being quilted and the second set is together waiting to be quilted. I have no idea what the original plan was for the blocks since one set had 10 blocks and the other set had 11 blocks and there wasn't any more fabric to make more blocks for either set. I used 9 blocks in each quilt and on the second one I added a soft white fabric and made triple sashing to make it a little bigger. At least there was enough matching fabric for sashing, borders and binding. I'll add pictures when they're done.

Hubby is working his side job today and tomorrow and there are leftovers for supper so I should have lots of good quilting time the next two days.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:19 PM

Just spent a few days with our oldest son and his fiancee in Albquerque. The Balloon Fiesta was fantastic. The mass ascension was awesome.
Now to get back to quilting. I did take a hand quilting project with me. A UFO I may get done in the next year or so. Lap quilting takes me a while.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:52 AM

Yesterday was the sew-in for the charity quilt committee for the guild. We started setting up at 1pm and sewed until 8pm. Members could come for as long as they wanted. We got a lot done. This was the second annual sew-in day for charity. It goes on all year with members picking up kits for blocks, tops, or for quilting at the monthly meetings. There are even some members who will do binding if I need that last step done. The guild provides the batting. However, an all day sew-in revs everyone up. A speaker from one of our charities gave a short talk about what they do and how they distribute the quilts.
Since I am the chairperson for it I have been preparing kits, sorting donated fabrics, etc for most of the last month.
Today I am going to just relax. Tomorrow I will get back to my own projects.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:23 AM

Today I went through my sewing room and wrote down all of my UFO's/WIP's and figured out what I have completed and haven't. I started January with 117 UFO's. I now have 107. Over the course of the year I started 31 projects and have 10 of those left. If my math is correct I have completed 41 quilt projects so far this year. Granted some of them were small and some only needed a little bit done to finish them but I was surprised I actually got that many done.
The list is going to help me decide which ones to finish for Christmas gifts and I know where they are. Unless I need batting (I have 15 yards) or backing I don't think I will need to buy anything. YEAH!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:03 PM

kateyb, you are just knocking 'em out! whew! That's great!

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-26-2011, 01:07 PM

Well I don't know how many are still 'in' this challenge....

I have good news, I think anyways.... I quit my 2nd job, that was like a full time/part time retail job..... so I'm down to 1 full time job, and boy I'm busy....good thing....but I've got weekends free & nights....

As you all can imagine, I haven't knocked out many quilts, although I did do a couple, but I need to get sewing again.

So let's get challenges going shall we?!

Let me know you're all still alive and well, and what you'd like to do for our next challenge!

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-26-2011, 01:08 PM

2 more to go...then to start my Christmas quilts
Old 10-26-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
While I was cleaning out and reorganizing my sewing room I found two sets of blocks and some matching yardage for each set. The first set is together and being quilted and the second set is together waiting to be quilted. I have no idea what the original plan was for the blocks since one set had 10 blocks and the other set had 11 blocks and there wasn't any more fabric to make more blocks for either set. I used 9 blocks in each quilt and on the second one I added a soft white fabric and made triple sashing to make it a little bigger. At least there was enough matching fabric for sashing, borders and binding. I'll add pictures when they're done.

Hubby is working his side job today and tomorrow and there are leftovers for supper so I should have lots of good quilting time the next two days.
I hope you've finished your projects, don't forget to post pics so we can all AHHHH and OHHHH over them!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-26-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
2 more to go...then to start my Christmas quilts
Hurray carolaug!!! Way to go! I need to get going on Christmas gifts as well...oh no....more to add to my long list! Post some pics of your completed quilts!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

I finished a wall hanging from some charm squares. Nothing fancy - but FINISHED nonetheless. Then I finished the patterns for my Kill Sunbonnet Sue quilt. I have 7 completed blocks (2 of my design and 5 from my swap buddies) to which I am adding 9 more. It will be gloriously whicked.