Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wish Me Luck >

Wish Me Luck

Wish Me Luck

Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

I hope you can get back into the sewing groove. I would like to move to a cooler climate year around. I hate heat and would not like it all the time.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 AM

I have used a folding card table to set my machine on, do you have room for one? Or a sturdy tv tray? You can always fold up the card table and put it away and store your machine on the shelf.

Downsizing isn't always fun.

Carol J.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:19 AM

I went from a 900 square foot basement to a 10x13" room! I sewed on a card table for a few months before my sweeting bought me a sewing table. I am still trying to figure out my little space but once I started sewing again, I had the drive to dive right back in! Don't give up!!! I hope that you get your drive back, you won't be sorry!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 AM

I hope you can get back into sewing! I am from Florida and I am up here in PA so I am reversed lol I want to go back down there you want to move away from there.
Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Do you have room to set up a folding card table when you want to sew? They can be stored against a wall, behind a counch or under a bed when not in use. I do hope that you find a way to be able to sew. It is so good for our heart & soul when we get our creative juices flowing.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 AM

If you look in a current quilting Magazine, they show a portable sewing table that folds flat when not in use. Here is the web site www.seweziusa.com. Iam thinking of getting one to use in our motor home. Hate using the dining table because I always have to move stuff when it is dinner time. My girlfriend's daughter has one to take to class and camp and loves it. Just a thought gives you another option.

Carole
Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Whernandez
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I've been a member of the group for a very long time, but just recently just started posting.

I am originally from Chicago, IL., but now reside in FL. I really do dislike it here, and wish my hubby would reconsider and decide to move back home. Anyhow... with my move down here I've lost my sewing room. And as a result my sewing drive as well. I do have my machine set up in my room but I can't really sew on it b/c it's on a little bookshelf. Our dining room table is one of the newer "bar stool type" very high, and makes it reaching for my pedal almost impossible when i try to sew on it. So I struggle each time I want to sew in my room or on the dining room table.

I am going to see if I can put all that aside and see if I can manage on getting a project done. Before I moved down to FL, my mom and I watched a show segment of Sewing With Nancy, and she had a guest Mary Mulari, and she was converting old sweatshirts into Jackets.

Well, I did buy a sweatshirt way back when, and I just recently found it in my storage. This was supposed to be for my mom, and I want to start on it, and see if I can get it done in time for her birthday in September. It's a white sweatshirt, and I'm going to try machine embroidery, and I'm going to try and line the inside of the sweatshirt after I complete the embroidery so that you can't see the raw stitches from the inside. It sounds like a lot, but I need to get back my mojo. I love sewing and machine embroidery, and quilting I just hope my finished project looks as pretty as Nancy and her guest Mary.

Thanks for listening! I'm gonna go looking for designs now! I'll post pictures when I get something done! lol

Thanks
Wanda
Welcome to FL - I have lived her (Central West Coast - Clearwater/Tampa Area) since 1977 - does take a while to get use to, I can deal with the heat better than trying to drive in the snow/icy roads.
I was able to find the sewing cabinet on Craigs List a couple of month's ago - works great

front of cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222922[/ATTACH]

top with folding table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222923[/ATTACH]

sewing table down
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222924[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-222916.jpe   attachment-222917.jpe   attachment-222918.jpe  
Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 AM

You can do it. Good luck.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Do you have room to set up a folding card table when you want to sew? They can be stored against a wall, behind a counch or under a bed when not in use. I do hope that you find a way to be able to sew. It is so good for our heart & soul when we get our creative juices flowing.
Have you met any quilters in your town? Maybe if you had people that like to do what you do it would help. Good luck in finding your mojo. Take care and hang in there. Hugs. BrendaK
Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JUNEC
Originally Posted by Whernandez
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I've been a member of the group for a very long time, but just recently just started posting.

I am originally from Chicago, IL., but now reside in FL. I really do dislike it here, and wish my hubby would reconsider and decide to move back home. Anyhow... with my move down here I've lost my sewing room. And as a result my sewing drive as well. I do have my machine set up in my room but I can't really sew on it b/c it's on a little bookshelf. Our dining room table is one of the newer "bar stool type" very high, and makes it reaching for my pedal almost impossible when i try to sew on it. So I struggle each time I want to sew in my room or on the dining room table.

I am going to see if I can put all that aside and see if I can manage on getting a project done. Before I moved down to FL, my mom and I watched a show segment of Sewing With Nancy, and she had a guest Mary Mulari, and she was converting old sweatshirts into Jackets.

Well, I did buy a sweatshirt way back when, and I just recently found it in my storage. This was supposed to be for my mom, and I want to start on it, and see if I can get it done in time for her birthday in September. It's a white sweatshirt, and I'm going to try machine embroidery, and I'm going to try and line the inside of the sweatshirt after I complete the embroidery so that you can't see the raw stitches from the inside. It sounds like a lot, but I need to get back my mojo. I love sewing and machine embroidery, and quilting I just hope my finished project looks as pretty as Nancy and her guest Mary.

Thanks for listening! I'm gonna go looking for designs now! I'll post pictures when I get something done! lol

Thanks
Wanda
Welcome to FL - I have lived her (Central West Coast - Clearwater/Tampa Area) since 1977 - does take a while to get use to, I can deal with the heat better than trying to drive in the snow/icy roads.
I was able to find the sewing cabinet on Craigs List a couple of month's ago - works great
Wanda, Kool sewing cabinet. BrendaK