Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wish Me Luck >

Wish Me Luck

Wish Me Luck

Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Welcome to Fl. I am originally from IN. I have been here 4 years so now it feels like home. I bought a folding table 2' x 4' from Walmart for my maching and put it in the little bedroom. This year I turned the whole bedroom into a sewing room and love it. Guests will have to sleep on an air mattress but I have space to really sew now. It will get better for you.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Going to reply to all, here as I don't think you all want all my individual replies.

thimblebug6000, I've never looked into a knee lift but don't know if I can do something like that to our new table. My dh would probably kill me!

Prism99, Sewing standing up sounds like a good idea, I'll have to give it a try.

Sewmary, bed risers is something I had not thought of either. I will think about that as well, and see if that is something I can attempt.

Jingle, I do hope I get back into the sewing groove, I don't hate the heat, it's I feel so alone, I left my family in Chicago, and dh has his here, so it's like I'm really all alone cause I don't know them all that well. we are finally starting to get to know one another.

Carol J. folding table sounds good, but I've tried it and my machine bouncing around too much on it.

auntpiggylpn, I won't give up, I've come too far to give up! ;-)

AbbyQuilts, I guess I'm feeling lonely, still trying to get to really know the in-laws, and well, not knowing any sewing buddies does not help, but I have this wonderful group!

QuiltinCowgirl, folding table I've tried it, but machine bounces around too much.

Carolevidak, thanks for the link, I will check it out and see what it's all about.

JUNEC, Beautiful Cabinet!!!! I wish i could come across something like that.

Quilt 4 u, thanks you!!!

BrendaK, No quilting friends yet to meet in my area, hoping to look into quilting guilds in my area.

And the sewing cabinet is not mine. I wish! It belongs to JUNEC. She posted and it's lovely!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:26 PM

Not sure where Coconut Creek is, but I've just returned from the Clearwater area where I was able to meet a fellow board member (not sure if she wants to be revealed so will leave that up to her ;) ). We are planning to retire to that area in about 4 years - for part of each year - the cold parts up here. I loved our visit but the thing that kept me awake last night was thinking about the driving down there. I am very independent up here and the driving just scares me in Florida.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:37 PM

I think you could sew at the table if you got a stool to put your "pedal" on. It may take some getting used to but I'm sure it would work. I can understand losing your mojo but that has to change before it leads to depression! You moved away from your family so you can't lose your quilting! Good luck getting to know your in-laws.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

You need a cabinet. If your husband wants to stay in Florida, you need to have a place to create. If you are miserable, he will be too. Make him aware of that, I have the last four feet of the living room. Do you have a dining room or just a corner in the living room. Get rid of a chair. (preferably his) LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM

I was going to suggest what debcavan said. And then maybe you could look for one of those folding screens that you could hide your work area? Then when you are sewing/quilting you could remove the screen so you don't feel claustraphobic.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:31 PM

[quote=Whernandez]Going to reply to all, here as I don't think you all want all my individual replies.
Prism99, Sewing standing up sounds like a good idea, I'll have to give it a try.

BrendaK, No quilting friends yet to meet in my area, hoping to look into quilting guilds in my area.

Welcome Whernandez! , we live very close to each other; I live in Margate,FL. I don't have a quiltingbuddy yet but woud love to find one!; I moved here 1 1/2 year ago and don't have any family. I also belong to a quilt guild in the area- Coral Springs Quilt Guild, we meet at the Cypress Hammock Park- address is 1300 Coral Springs Drive - we meet the 4th Wed of the month. I haven't yet made many friends there but I can take you as a guess and you'll see if you like it. You have a couple of weeks to think about it. I don't speak perfect English but if you want to give it a try I have a small but cozy sewing room that we can definetively accomodate 2 sewing machines. I work full time and have a 6 yr old boy so I sew weekends and some weekdays after 6 pm.
What do you think?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:03 PM

[quote=leakus]
Originally Posted by Whernandez
Going to reply to all, here as I don't think you all want all my individual replies.

Welcome Whernandez! , we live very close to each other; I live in Margate,FL. I don't have a quiltingbuddy yet but woud love to find one!; I moved here 1 1/2 year ago and don't have any family. I also belong to a quilt guild in the area- Coral Springs Quilt Guild, we meet at the Cypress Hammock Park- address is 1300 Coral Springs Drive - we meet the 4th Wed of the month. I haven't yet made many friends there but I can take you as a guess and you'll see if you like it. You have a couple of weeks to think about it. I don't speak perfect English but if you want to give it a try I have a small but cozy sewing room that we can definetively accomodate 2 sewing machines. I work full time and have a 6 yr old boy so I sew weekends and some weekdays after 6 pm.
What do you think?
Oh wow...I wish you lived near me...I would go as your guest. lol

Such a nice offer.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 PM

[quote=leakus]

What do you think?
Omgoodness Andrea, that sounds like a wonderful idea!!! I love that your are in Margate, i'm a few minutes away!!! (well depends in what part of margate you're in) lol. I do not mind that you don't speak perfect English, when you sew you really don't have to speak! LOL I would love to come as a guest to the guild. Please let me know the next time you attend and if I'm not at work (i work part time in the evenings) i would love to go. We can PM each other if you'd like. I would so love to meet you! I have 3 kids, a 4, 6, and 10 year old.

hugs to you!!!

Wanda
Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 PM

[quote=LindaM49]
Originally Posted by leakus

What do you think?
Oh wow...I wish you lived near me...I would go as your guest. lol

Such a nice offer.
Linda I agree, it is a very nice offer from Andrea, and I'm going to take her up on it!!! ;-) so excited!!!