Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wishlist Christmas gifts for quilters? >

Wishlist Christmas gifts for quilters?

Wishlist Christmas gifts for quilters?

Old 11-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

I would love to have the brown beige and the brights thread sets from connecting threads. I have used mine almost completely up. They are great for quilting.

Oh ... I just ordered myself 6 queen sized batting from there at a great price.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-30-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

I like this idea. DH and I buy what we want throughout the year. He always gets me jewelry. I told him this year no jewelry. Gift card (VISA) would be nice. Can use it anywhere.
Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
I've tried "Clean my refrigerator" or "Clean my bathrooms" for years, but no one ever does it for me. It's what I want, mind you, but no one wants to do it any more than I do!

I usually just ask for a donation to my favorite charity. I can get whatever I want for me (Thank you, God!) so never really 'want' or 'need' anything.

DH and I tell each other, "You just bought me a (fill in blank) for Christmas. Do you want to wrap it?"
Old 12-01-2013, 03:51 AM

Back in January I announced to my husband that I wanted to upgrade to a new machine this year. Mission accomplished as of Black Friday.

i love this topic. Shops could capitalize on these ideas for gift baskets for families to drop in and pick up a quick gift for the sewers and quilters in their lives.
Sandy
Old 12-01-2013, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by DAISYQUILTER View Post
How do you like your accuquilter. I am considering the studio
I have the Accuquilt Go and I love mine. I bought the hunter star die a few weeks ago and I can't believe how easy cutting went. My blocks are more even and match up better then cutting myself. Yesterday I ordered 3 more dies from JoAnn they have then on sale at really good prices.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:13 AM

On my wish list and I have batting, Thread and a gift card from JoAnn's and Missouri Star.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:50 AM

Wish list, Martelli rotary cutter, for right hand, I also need a new iron, I can always use fabric, and I would like a cutting mat the size of my cutting table. Thats about it. Oh and I did see a couple of books at Annies that caught my eye.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:54 AM

I don't want gift cards from my hubby...that seems silly...I can just use the debt card from our account. And yes he has done that before...I was not impressed. I do love it when we go shopping together to go pick out something for him, me or for the two of us.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:57 AM

I want a daylight lamp that can be adjusted to "really" light my handwork. I have one of the original Ott light floor lamps and it isn't adjustable enough to target what I am working on. In order to shine on what I'm working on, it has to be propped against the end table, very unstable.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I like this idea. DH and I buy what we want throughout the year. He always gets me jewelry. I told him this year no jewelry. Gift card (VISA) would be nice. Can use it anywhere.
I also can get whatever I want or need. And I do give to charities throughout the year. My kids like to have "things to open on Christmas" for us and we always ask them for a wish list so they want want one from us. I took someone's advice and made a wish list on amazon. I asked for small things such as pins, blades, thread, etc. If everyone in the family picks one or two of the items and puts it in a stocking, it can be a great "from the whole family gift and not cost a lot for anyone!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:23 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

from the other end of the financial spectrum here. living on a small pension.no stash and still one daughter at home, in school. we have no extra $ so favorite cookies, chores and hand sewn or crocheted items. and we do shop for the little ones. I do without a bit of things to shop for the kids and grandsons and love it. They love the fleecy jammies and I made placemats and table toppers for each daughter. they asked what I wanted and I had a small list-thread. can always use that and rotary blades, needles and I would love a bobbin winder. I always think I have enough wound and it never fails-almost done and the bobbin runs out! oh, and Holiday fabrics. good to have a little to get started on next years ornaments etc.
hope you all get at least a few of the things you're wishing for!