Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wonder Clips, and Elmers >

Wonder Clips, and Elmers

Wonder Clips, and Elmers

Old 12-11-2013, 05:27 PM

Default Wonder Clips, and Elmers

I used both of these items today and The glue made a big big difference and those wonder clips---I need another box. Elmers is a great friend of mine now also.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:32 PM

Can you tell us more about how you used them? It would also be helpful to know what technique(s) they replaced. Were there any downsides (e.g., cost)? Photos might also be helpful.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:50 PM

I used the wonder clips on the binding as I went around to hold it in place before I did the sewing. I sew my binding to the back of quilt and then bring it to the front and use the glue to hold it also.
I used the bottles of elmers school glue on the batting in drissels from the bottle after I got the backing and batting on the table and smoothed out. Then after a couple hours I laid the top quilt on the batting and smoothed out. I folded the top back and put the glue in the middle and smoothed that and then the outer part the same thing. Then I went to the other side and did the same for the other half. I let it dry and then quilted. It stays together just great with not basting or pinning. I hope you can under stand this. Her is pictures of the products. The clips are made by Clover.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451392[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2449.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

I love Wonder Clips. I use them instead of pins when I can. They are too expensive as some of my guild members let me know real quick when I use them but they are always asking to borrow just a couple.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:51 PM

I started out with 12 Wonder clips, moved them along as I sewed, and wasn't impressed. On Cyber Monday, JoAnn's had a package of 100 for 50% off and free shipping. Finally, I have enough Wonder clips for my entire quilt. Now, like BellaBoo, I love the clips. I already have them on my second quilt binding. I'll be using them instead of pins on my bindings from now on. By the way, I learned of Wonder clips here.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:34 PM

I have a large box of the Wonder clips and have never used them since I found out about glueing the binding

Last edited by snipforfun; 12-11-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

If you think they are the same as the hair clips used for binding you are in for a great surprise. Buy a small package and see how handy they are. I use them to match up seams when sewing quilt rows together and for easing my borders on the quilt top before sewing.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I love Wonder Clips. I use them instead of pins when I can. They are too expensive as some of my guild members let me know real quick when I use them but they are always asking to borrow just a couple.
I LOVE the Wonder clips. Amazon had some at a great price. I bought 100 of the small and 48 of the large. The large are so great to hold the denim and corduroy rag quilt blocks together. Another great tool I just bought because of this forum is the Slidelock ruler. LOVE it too.
Love this forum for all the info that I get.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:58 PM

Quite a while ago I took a class by a national teacher on bindings. It was great fun. She told us - and s he is right - you only need 2 as you can move them around as you work ... so buy a package of 10 and share with 4 friends.

Personally I use 3 myself.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:05 AM

I love Wonder Clips....I am starting to collect them...LOL...That is a neat idea about using Elmer Glue for your Binding as well...Okay I'm going have to buy 500 bottles of Elmers Glue now...LOL...actually only One Bottle...Thanks for posting this....