Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The worst mistake you ever made{quilting}? >

The worst mistake you ever made{quilting}?

The worst mistake you ever made{quilting}?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by lclang
I cut out two shirts for the grandsons just alike and when I went to sew them up, one of the sleeves was missing. I looked high and low for them and to this day they never appeared. So I put one sleeve out of a coordinating fabric and a coordinating pocket and collar and they looked real cute. They wore the shirts proudly and never knew that they were supposed to be all one fabric. If you can fix it, don't tell!
If they only knew how creative we really are!!! Good save!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by kat112000
Umm, at this point I can say LEARNING TO QUILT!! has been my mistake! LOL!! I have done everything stated above me, except, no way will I sew naked!!
me either, afraid a booby would get caught and how would I explain THAT to the doctor??? ROMBLOL
Old 03-08-2011, 12:36 PM

I was finishing a log cabin for my new GS...It was not my choice of fabric for a baby, but it made my DD happy because it looked "elegant" in her very first nursery. To add a little child touch I decided to embroider a little train in the center of each block. My 350E was brand new, and after changing threads a zillion times for those trains, I quit for a day to take a break. When I resumed, I was not careful, just wanting to finish!, and did the first train of the day on one side of the center block. Did not even notice it until I was finally all done, hours later. I didn't have the patience to undo it, so off it went. I see it first off when I visit them, but I don't think anyone else will ever notice it. DGS loves it!! He loves all things with trains, so I guess I made a good choice, wherever I put them!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by qnana
I was finishing a log cabin for my new GS...It was not my choice of fabric for a baby, but it made my DD happy because it looked "elegant" in her very first nursery. To add a little child touch I decided to embroider a little train in the center of each block. My 350E was brand new, and after changing threads a zillion times for those trains, I quit for a day to take a break. When I resumed, I was not careful, just wanting to finish!, and did the first train of the day on one side of the center block. Did not even notice it until I was finally all done, hours later. I didn't have the patience to undo it, so off it went. I see it first off when I visit them, but I don't think anyone else will ever notice it. DGS loves it!! He loves all things with trains, so I guess I made a good choice, wherever I put them!
Sounds like you made it just a little more personal and special. :thumbup:
Old 03-08-2011, 08:26 PM

worst mistake I ever made making a quilt....not starting one yet. Trying to get the nerve up, so thanks for sharing the stories. It has taught me that everyone that quilts are no different than myself "HUMAN"
Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by pinkushion
worst mistake I ever made making a quilt....not starting one yet. Trying to get the nerve up, so thanks for sharing the stories. It has taught me that everyone that quilts are no different than myself "HUMAN"
Glad you liked the sight.There are alot of us that have just started and when we get the first one done it will addict us more but, it takes alot of weight off. So go for it.One day we will be the expereinced ones. And it is always good to do it with. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-09-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
Getting started. Now I am hopelessly addicted. Who can we blame now.It wasnt my fault or mistake made.
I agree.But there is always some other dumb way to spend your time.haha
Old 03-11-2011, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by kem77
I am truly in need of a laugh today? I am in a dilemma on this dumb Quilt I have been working on. My head is in all the wrong upsetting mode of life because of this frustration. I am just needing a few laughs to know that I am not the only one in this world . Thank you.
I stipple quilted a whole section of a quilt only to find the back had not sewn right. It was over a meter(yard) that I had to unpick before I could find out that the cotton did not like each other as some do. It took me all afternoon to do. I can laugh now but at the time I did not think it funny. You can laugh, I don't mind. it has also happened with invisible thread another time as well.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:39 AM

Maybe not the worst, but frustrating....I traced my applique designs carefully on freezer paper and cut out my fabric pieces. As I started to iron I realized that I had used the new Pilot Friction Pen and as soon as I began ironing all the lines disappeared!! Never even thought about it, just grabbed the pen!! So I had to retrace all of my lines....
Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 AM

s
Originally Posted by Annya
Originally Posted by kem77
I am truly in need of a laugh today? I am in a dilemma on this dumb Quilt I have been working on. My head is in all the wrong upsetting mode of life because of this frustration. I am just needing a few laughs to know that I am not the only one in this world . Thank you.
I stipple quilted a whole section of a quilt only to find the back had not sewn right. It was over a meter(yard) that I had to unpick before I could find out that the cotton did not like each other as some do. It took me all afternoon to do. I can laugh now but at the time I did not think it funny. You can laugh, I don't mind. it has also happened with invisible thread another time as well.
ouch!!! I am glad you didn't give up. just remember an old saying it comes in three. so hope you don't have to do it again. :lol: