Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Worst quilting item purchased >

Worst quilting item purchased

Worst quilting item purchased

Old 06-21-2015, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
ghostrider, just curious what brand of rulers have you found that work for you? I'm currently looking for rulers that I can more clearly see the fabric and the markings. No luck so far...
I like the "quilt in a day" rulers the best. They have narrow markings and I don't have to worry about "which" side of the paint I cut on. I have several of the square up ones and have just gotten a HST one that I really like. Here's a link to images of them so you can see how narrow the markings are.

https://www.google.com/search?q=quil...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAw
Old 06-21-2015, 04:07 PM

I bought some plastic clamp things that were supposed to hold your quilt rolled up. What a pain. Thankfully they were cheap.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:09 PM

I am a gadget girl for sure. Probably will always be. Spent on sharpeners, waste, a binder gadget that sews the binding on in one fell swoop, never could get to work. Being a ruler nut isn't an easy thing either, but even if I don't use them but once if they work I'm a happy camper LOL Now I'm putting in a lot of thought into a Go, since I really hate to cut and would love to get SAS dies and MAKE ONE!! Just keep thinking how stinking high the dies are, and will it be worth it. Also the double wedding ring is another one I hear is great to have....
Toni
Old 06-21-2015, 04:16 PM

I agree with this. So many people really like them, but I'm always unhappy with my results.
Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
Years ago I bought a June Tailer Shape Cut for cutting strips. I must press weird on the rotary cutter because I never could get a good straight cut with it. Now it just hangs on a peg unused. Can't remember how much I paid for it but whatever the cost, it was a waste for me.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:20 PM

I only like them for the one time I helped a friend do fleece no sew blankets...awesome for cutting fringe!

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
Years ago I bought a June Tailer Shape Cut for cutting strips. I must press weird on the rotary cutter because I never could get a good straight cut with it. Now it just hangs on a peg unused. Can't remember how much I paid for it but whatever the cost, it was a waste for me.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:06 PM

My biggest disappointment was buying the two sizes of Quilters Slide Locks. Biggest waste of money I ever spent and now I don't know what to do with them - too expensive to throw away but I will never use them.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:45 PM

I think the only thing I absolutely hated and literally threw across the room was that horrible binding foot that was supposed to do it all in one step. That thing almost brought me to tears!!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
A 2 piece gadget [forget it's name] for sharpening rotary blades. Cost $40 and totally useless.
A blade sharpener also-haven't tried the one my husband has in his wood shop hhmmmm........
Old 06-21-2015, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
I bought some plastic clamp things that were supposed to hold your quilt rolled up. What a pain. Thankfully they were cheap.
LOL. Have have these too. -- somewhere I had forgotten about them.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 06-22-2015, 03:33 AM

None. I have always made wise purchasing choices when it comes to quilting. Ha ha.