Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
would this work for FQ storage? >

would this work for FQ storage?

would this work for FQ storage?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:53 PM

I love having my FQs out so I can see what I have at a glance, too. I got this rotating CD rack at the thrift store for $3.99. It holds a lot of FQs in a small footprint.
PS: Beside it is another CD rack that holds my blacks, white on whites and browns.

my rotating FQ storing cd rack
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227433[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227427.jpe  
Old 07-16-2011, 03:57 PM

Most of my FQs are actually folded large scraps from deconstructing clothing, etc. but they all fit in there together and play nice. :D
Old 07-16-2011, 05:08 PM

Wow Jacquie I didn't know LV was still around but you know I think that might work in drawers or plastic containers the same or approx. size of the divers or yoou may be able to double the divers across. Depending on the material they are made of they could be trimmed to fit plastic containers too. If I can't see the colors I tend to forget what's behind drawers but that's just me and you can't beat the price compared to containers that are divided. It's a winner in my mind :thumbup:

Andie
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 PM

New isn't always better. I like what you use now.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:08 PM

wow, Lillian still has a catalog, go to that site above, and order one,,,,,,, it has been a long time since I have heard of her too.......
Old 07-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by emsgranny
Originally Posted by BrendaK
dunster, that looks kool. My problem is space. Right now I have all my FQ's in a tub. Would love to have space for shelves to put all my fabric. BrendaK
Brenda - dont think of just floor sace - think up-maybe you could hang on a wall especially the dvd/cd racks - these are the perfect size I think.

I found these - see my post - they stack great under my cutting table and you can see thru them so you know what you have.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111529-1.htm
Thanks for the suggestion. My sewing room is the living room. I would like to say that is called a great room but it isn't great. I also have my kitchen table there, (which is what I sew on) We have a small apartment. Wall space is very limited. I am able to see thru the tubs. Thanks BrendaK
Old 07-16-2011, 08:42 PM

It looks like a good idea, but I would be afraid of getting back on that mailing list! I used to get the catalogs about once every other week with a threat of "this is your last catalog if you don't order", like I had ever ordered from them. :)
Old 07-16-2011, 08:56 PM

They look good. But you could just take some cardboard and cut the slits in them and put them together. or if afraid of the glue cover the cardboard with something. cheaper DEB
Old 07-17-2011, 08:18 AM

I store my FQ and my charms in the boxes that my lettuce/mixed greens for salads comes in (purchased at BJs). They are FREE which makes them perfect since they are clear and make it easy to find what I want and they stack well or fit in drawers. I also use them to store parts for projects in the works making it easy to pick up all I need and take the whole box to my machine or cutting area.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla
I store my FQ and my charms in the boxes that my lettuce/mixed greens for salads comes in (purchased at BJs). They are FREE which makes them perfect since they are clear and make it easy to find what I want and they stack well or fit in drawers. I also use them to store parts for projects in the works making it easy to pick up all I need and take the whole box to my machine or cutting area.
The other nice thing about them is that they have holes in them which keeps them fresh ; )
I use these for my strips which are in many different sizes. I just stick a label on them with the width size of the strip, and stack them up on a shelf waiting for my next strip quilt to get started.

8-)