Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WOW -- Did I hit the Jackpot?? >

WOW -- Did I hit the Jackpot??

WOW -- Did I hit the Jackpot??

Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by ccthomas
Thanks for sharing your story. Hope you are okay with me posting the link on the link section on how to donate a quilt and the quilt patterns on the site. I am sure there are many of us that would like to make and share one of these quilts for children.
Absolutely, Carol!! Hope my story helps get others involved -- such a worthy cause. Since that story, I also had a 47-bed Children's Hospital contact me as they used to have a woman who made quilts for the kids. Their patients are medically fragile children and children who are in their last months of their lives who the parents cannot take care of at home. She said the quilts always brightened the childrens' rooms, beds and cribs and they sure would love to have someone make quilts for them again.
My thought was: if I post it here maybe some of my Quilting Board buddies would come forward and volunteer to make a quilt! If I could find 47 people to each make one small lap quilt (45 x 45 or so) -- what an amazing accomplishment that would be and how happy we could all make some children battling the fight of their life! Please PM me if you're interested or want details -- Thanks!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by liese
Well in the afternoon of the article appearing in the paper -- I received several e-mails. One was from a Fabric Designer, who unbeknownst to me, lives a short distance from me. She donated all of her 2 yard samples that the fabric company sends her to me for future Quilts for Kids. Three plastic tubs full -- how awesome!!! Now to get off this quilting board and get sewing!
What a wonderful story! Please share the designer's name with us. I'd love to check out her fabrics so that she gets some nice promo out of her generous gesture, too. :)
Old 09-05-2011, 06:04 AM

There is a group of ladies near me in Westcliffe CO made a quilt for my son Eric and one for myself.My son has a big heart problem,no walking for him he's in a power chair.
Connie in CO
Old 09-05-2011, 06:07 AM

that's wonderful
Old 09-05-2011, 06:16 AM

Great story! Our Women's Missionary Fellowship makes quilts for kids, I'm not sure who they donate them to, I'll need to ask. One lady pieces them, then they are tied by the others. (Hum, from what I've read, though maybe tying (sp?) them isn't the best though? Got to go tomorrow and ask some questions :) )
Old 09-05-2011, 06:18 AM

I am so proud of you. what a noble cause! Keep sewing!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:21 AM

Great article. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by JenelTX
Originally Posted by liese
Well in the afternoon of the article appearing in the paper -- I received several e-mails. One was from a Fabric Designer, who unbeknownst to me, lives a short distance from me. She donated all of her 2 yard samples that the fabric company sends her to me for future Quilts for Kids. Three plastic tubs full -- how awesome!!! Now to get off this quilting board and get sewing!
What a wonderful story! Please share the designer's name with us. I'd love to check out her fabrics so that she gets some nice promo out of her generous gesture, too. :)
You can find her under South Seas -- Grace Pullen!! I'm sure lots of us are and have been using her fabrics for years :)
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 AM

:thumbup:
Old 09-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

That's so great. I wish I lived near and I would help. I, too, make Quilts for Kids and have sent a dozen this year.