Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wow, I guess I don't know my own strength >

Wow, I guess I don't know my own strength

Wow, I guess I don't know my own strength

Old 11-03-2013, 09:18 PM

Default Wow, I guess I don't know my own strength

A few weeks ago my kids and I put together my new Bertha cabinet. But I couldn't put the platform thing in properly because I didn't have the right tools. DH finally brought them in and helped me by holding the platform in the proper position while I tightened it. I'm pretty much a weakling but I snapped one of those bolts right off with almost no effort. There are 7 others so I think it'll hold for now but dh said not to be pushing the platform up and down for now until I get a new bolt. I posted on Arrow's facebook and will call tomorrow to request a replacement bolt, but who knew I was so dang strong. I was about 1 bolt away from having dh finish tightening them all for me but we decided to skip that-otherwise all 7 of the others would have probably popped off.

Now I'm wondering if I should buy some hardened bolts and replace the ones in there.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 PM

I guess we just get stronger as we age. 50 years ago when I first got married it took me several trips and both hands to carry $25 worth of groceries into the house. Today, I can carry $25 worth of groceries into the house in one trip using only one hand. LOL
Old 11-03-2013, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
I guess we just get stronger as we age. 50 years ago when I first got married it took me several trips and both hands to carry $25 worth of groceries into the house. Today, I can carry $25 worth of groceries into the house in one trip using only one hand. LOL
bwahahaha! That is funny and yet so so sad.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 AM

So funny but SO true!!

Gale - I would guess you just got a bad piece of hardware. What did your hubby think??
Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

I would certainly replace ALL the bolts with better ones at any home improvement store. Remember to take one of them with you so you can get the exact fit. So many of the small things that get shipped with items that need to be assembled are of poor quality. That is really very sad state of affairs.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:43 AM

I'd replace them with stronger bolts, it could be just one bolt or an entire batch. Better safe than sorry.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

I think I would buy replacement bolts just to be safe.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

everything our Government imports for us to buy are usually made in China. just saying.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
everything our Government imports for us to buy are usually made in China. just saying.
I got the arrow sewing chair put it together went to sew minute I lean to my machine the front castor broke took it back for another and the same thing happen and I am not a big girl 5ft at that time 150lbs, took that one back and got ny money back cute chair but junk made in china
Old 11-05-2013, 05:23 AM

Oh too funny but sadly also too right.