Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Yellow Brick Road Pattern

I've made 3 quilts from the YBR pattern. The first one was for me that I did not like at all. The second 2 were very similar in colors & I love them (one for my DD's mother in law & one as a housewarming gift). I only have a pic of the housewarming quilt.

Oops....I tried to post a pic of front & back & it only posted the back. I'll keep trying to get the front posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by osewme; 03-22-2017 at 01:06 PM.

You might want to try Double Slice from Missouri Star Quilt Company or 5 o'clock from Fabric Junction. Both of them are quite nice. I also have trouble coordinating colors so a layer cake works really well for me. Sorry I can't post pics.

Yellow Brick Road

Here's the front:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've always admired this pattern -- seems to me it would be very simple to make without a pattern--altho I haven't tried it--hope to sometime. Picture above is very nice. Notice it is 5 blocks across and 7 down. Simple really.

Blog Entries
    Make your own pattern. Take some graph paper, decide how big you want your blocks to be, and in that block create a square and some rectangles. Each graph square represents an 'x' inch, figure what each shape measurement is and add 1/2 and inch to that for each side. Sew a sample block together. Like it, keep sewing. You made your own "yellow' brick road, or whatever colorway you choose. Viola. You are a designer. If you didn't use their pattern, there is no copyright infringement.

Here is my YBR in batiks. I don't remember that the pattern was difficult, but it's not my favorite quilt. I made it as a housewarming gift for my ex-husband.

Name:  IMG_0392.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  897.5 KB
    If I had known how much fun I could have quilting, I would have started 40 years ago!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3