Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yipee!!!!!! I am getting my new Featherweight Today!!!!!!

I am waiting for a call from the lady I am buying my White Featherweight from. I bought it from her several months ago and she let me pay her in payments. This one was really expensive because they are rare. I could not afford to pay it all at once but fell in love with it. She let me pay her in payments. Today I pay her the last of the $$$ I owe her.
    I AM SO EXCITED. !!!!!!!! COUNTING THE MINUTES BEFORE I CAN HAVE HER IN MY HOME. I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET SOMEONE TO POST A PIC FOR ME LATER. :D :D

I have not named any of my Featherweights maybe she needs a name do you think :wink: :wink:

Blog Entries
    I am so excited for you!! :D
    I can't wait to see her too.
    :D :D :D :D

Wonderful for you - I would just guess that paying it off makes it all the more precious for you. Cannot wait to see the pics!

oooooh you are going to looooooooooove your featherweight! I have one from 1945 and it is a real workhorse!! I LOVE playing on mine!!!

congrats---I cannot wait to see it!

That is so exciting. Congrats!!!!!!. It's funny you should mention a white featherweight. I saw one for the first time today at a quilt class. The gal has had it since she was in high school. I had never seen one before. I really like the look of them. So again, congrats!!! :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Lucky you, I have had my eye on one of these for a few months now, am trying to save up for one, even if it is black, can't wait to see all the projects you do with yours. And yes, I think all machines need names. Have fun with your new toy.

I am so happy for you. Please post pics so we can all drool over her.

Blog Entries
    WooHoo Lucky you!! :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    I'm so happy for u please show us pictures when u can

Ohhh, I can't wait to see it.. I'd never even heard of them until recently.. how exciting!!!

I got her home earlier today but still have not taken a pic of her.
    I may name her Snow White and the 2 Black ones I have I guess I need to name them also. I guess one of the black ones will be Wilma, I love the Flinstones and Betty maybe for the 2nd one. I now have 3 I want a biege one and then I have all the colors they were made in.

Hope to see the new baby soon:)

Enjoy your new machine! I bought a centennial last month, my first.

So glad to hear about Snow White. How did you find her? That is my dream to own one too----color doesn't matter. Keep us posted and enjoy!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh bebe Congratulations!!* I know the feeling well!* My first featherweight was like a baby being born that I waited for - for a long time.* It was trucked from WA to Portland, OR and when I picked it up from the trucking company the man that was there to help with it was just as excited as I was!!* My second was a quicker delivery but just as exciting! Bought that one much closer to home.** I'm sitting here right now contemplating calling on another one in my area.* Boy-I don't need it but they are soooooo cute! and awesome machines. Everyone should have at least one-but it's hard to stop there!* Congratulations and happy quilting!

Bebe, that is great you got to pick up Snow White. I know you waited a long time to get this. So cool to have a white one. I use mine so much that maybe , just maybe , I should start looking for another one. We never have enough. Good Luck with it.

I have a white feather. also is it worth alot?

Yes ,they cost anywhere from $500 on up!!! :shock: :shock:
    They are more expensive than the black ones and the green and biege are even more because they are rare :wink: :shock:

How did you get your White Featherweight?

How awesome. Christmas early. You will enjoy it so much!!

My mom recently gave me a black feather weight. She was thrilled to pick it up at an estate sale for $20. She told the gentleman that it was worth a lot more and tried to offer him more for it, but he said no, that he had enjoyed hearing her stories about all of the sewing she has done and he wanted to give her that great deal. She used it for several years, even made bridesmaids dresses on it. She decided that she wanted me to have it now so she could enjoy watching me sew with it. Mom and I took it into the repair/service center last week for a checkup and they just called to say that it is ready to be picked up. I am really excited about it. It came with a table that it drops into somehow looks like a card table.

I will have to think of a name for her.
    Linda

Yes it comes with a table that I now need to pay the lady for. :D :D
    Your mom got a bargain lucky her :!: :wink:

Bebe, that is wonderful! I researched several years ago because I wanted a featherweight made the year I was born, 1947. I ended up getting a beautiful machine from the grandaughter of the owner. She was the only owner of the machine. The grandaughter included pictures of the grandmother. It's very special. You can also get a 1/4 foot for your machine.
    Patty Allayne :)

Congratulation.....
    !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Congratulations on the FW!!!

I would say the mint green is my favorite color for a FW and then the white would run a close second. It wasn't until the end of the 221's era that Singer started introducing the different colors. Funny thing about the white FW's they were the cheapest ones you could buy at the time, the budget model. They were lacking all of the decals and only had Singer on the arm. But even back in the day they were sold new they were almost a 1/4 of the average annual salary.

Maybe thats why they are fetching good prices now because few were sold.

Billy

Oh while I am thinking about it all of the lowshank feet/accessories fit the 221K, they do not have to be strictly for the FW. The 15, 66, 99, 221, 222K are all the same with the exception of maybe the darning plate I will have to check on that. But I know that my even the feet from my 1910 27 will fit the 221.

The reason I am saying this is you do not have to spend the extra money for the exact same thing just because the seller says 221 or FW. And that will let you spend more money on the important things like FABRIC!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast