Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You are all so clever!!! >

You are all so clever!!!

You are all so clever!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Hi again Ellie - I was very much a hand piecer and quilter until I came here - only used my machine for putting on borders - but I've been so inspired by all the wonderful patterns, and different projects I've seen here that I've really got into machine piecing. The hand quilting will stay though and I don't think I'll ever leave piecing over papers (my first love!) behind. The great thing about the board is the inspiration and support you get. I've made some great friends on here - even though you get nagged sometimes as well! (only kidding folks!)

K x
K, you nag, or get nagged?
If you nag...which would be a verb,
does that make you a nag?....which would be a noun or pronoun
gee, you keep repeating that word, and your brain gets all twisted up...it's a real nagging problem, if you don't stop in time :roll: :lol:

welcome, Ellie. we usually wait at least 24 hours, before we nag anyone. :D unless they nag us first :wink:

I don't nag...do I nag?...what is a nag?,...or how do you nag?...is it a repetitive thing, this nagging?....is it like bugging or pestering someone?
now, K, you got all the questions nagging me! :!: :roll:
Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 PM

Welcome and have fun!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 AM

Welcome and enjoy....feel free to ask questions and be sure to show pictures!.....:-)

Best thing I did was take a begginers class....you do learn alot.......Anything of Eleanor Burns I have learned from....get the DVD's....and I live breath for any quilt knowledge.....:-)...

Oh and we don't really "NAG".........:-)......your to funny quiltncrazy
Old 05-21-2009, 07:02 AM

there is another class in september already signed up for, wish it was sooner but they only on at school terms thanks all of you for the support
Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
You will get to grips with your cutter, they are quite daunting at first, as long as you check and double check before making the cut...ask me how I know this????? :D

Hope WH smith is in a centre, be abit cold waiting for the door to open lol!!
I also know this. Extra fabric is a good thing to have on hand.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM

We all started at the beginning... Let your imagination go, don't forget to challenge yourself along the way, and have tons of fun!

Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Originally Posted by elliemay
Hi I have already seen on members avitars some gorgeous designed quilts... is there a facility for downloading patterns?? I have just this afternoon bought a book.. by Katherine Geurrier.. Quilting from start to finish.. I actually got this out from Library and found it so good I looked online.. its being delivered to my local W.H Smiths ...Newsagents... Its got everything in it... I not very good with a Rotary cutter... useless actually.. but One day...............

Guess who will be sat outside waiting for the shop to open next Monday???? :lol:
I too had trouble learning how to use the cutter, just keep trying and soon you will just have it down pat. I love this board, if I get off track and can't get in the mood to quilt, I just come on here and look at all the beautiful quilts and I am off and running. I have only been here a couple of months and have learned so much. everyone here is eager to help including me, so just ask away. :D :D
Ninnie
also, may sound funny, but while you are working on your stuff IRL, and you follow other ppl's threads of progress...after a while, you are exposed to so much, your soaking up, that you don't even realize how much better you are getting, with all this new knowledge.
It's like going to class, but WAY more fun. Pretty soon, your more confident, bc you read questions, and go, hey, I know that. You feel like you have done more than you have. sounds funny, but it's good for the ol' braino. :D
:D :D :D
Old 05-22-2009, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gcathie
Welcome and enjoy....feel free to ask questions and be sure to show pictures!.....:-)

Best thing I did was take a begginers class....you do learn alot.......Anything of Eleanor Burns I have learned from....get the DVD's....and I live breath for any quilt knowledge.....:-)...

Oh and we don't really "NAG".........:-)......your to funny quiltncrazy
LOL...I got stuck, Cathie! no, we don't nag anyone, but watch out, we make give you a giggle...we got plenty of 'em here. :lol: