Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE??? >

Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE???

Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE???

Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM

Oh I definitely am! When I need a fabric "fix", I head to the thrift store to search out some really good bargin so both my need to have a new piece of fabric to play with AND my budget are both happy. I can't be happy to just pet and not take something home.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 PM

Guess I'm a junkee too!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:16 AM

I think I may be getting there, and have yet to make my first quilt. I went to JoAnn's to get the background material for my quilt, and came back with that, two gorgeous panels of sunflowers, and fq of spools, lol. And yes, I fondled everything in the dept.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Oh I definitely am! When I need a fabric "fix", I head to the thrift store to search out some really good bargin so both my need to have a new piece of fabric to play with AND my budget are both happy. I can't be happy to just pet and not take something home.
let me know the days you're going so I can get there ahead of you- more and more of us choosing that route-
Old 09-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Kas

My name is Kathy and I am a fabric junkie. That is the first step, right? I am like some of you in that I can't go into a fabric store without buying at least a half yard. I just have to stay out!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:35 AM

What in the heck would the 12 steps be if I were to admit to this.. although I don't think I am, but then denial is the greatest form of avoidance, but then again - I can't ever go by a quilt store without stopping, and then sometimes I have to plan my trips to include a stop at the fabric store - but I did go into a quilt store once and I didn't buy something.. so I can't be an addict, can I?

Do they have therapy for this?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Yep mee too! I like to just look at fabrics, touch em. But I've learned the hard lesson that I cant have them all. I wish I could understand the need that I have to sew up so many quilts with no place for them to go.
You can always give them to Veteran's Hospitals, Linus Project, Binkie Patrol, children's hospitals, foster agencies, etc. There are so many non-profit groups that are in need. That's the problem I'm having right now, want to make quilts for some of these agencies but haven't been quilting long enough to have a stash to use up or extra funds to go out and buy the fabric needed. Am disabled and on a limited income.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Let's just hope that the reality tv people don't catch wind of fabric junkies. I can see the show title now, "Interventions for Fabric Junkies."
Old 09-30-2011, 03:20 PM

i am a huge junkie... and can't wait.. 2 wks from this weekend SHOP HOP!!! i bought several new laundry baskets for the back of my crv so we can keep everyone's stuff separate... i thought there was going to be a fight last year!!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:23 PM

YES....love this fact
Originally Posted by jdiane318
Yes and the best part is there is no rehab for us and that is a good thing.