Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE??? >

Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE???

Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE???

Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 AM

I'm with you on this one! I tell my husband that this is better than spending money on alcohol or cigarettes, and that all my time spent on quilting is a better hobby than most,
Old 09-28-2011, 08:04 AM

Absolutely. Whenever I buy new fabric and set it on the seat next to me in the car. I tell myself not to get it out of the bag until I get home. But, I always end up getting it out to pet and feel all the way home. I just can't resist.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:07 AM

Long before I started quilting I would take my MIL to the fabric store. She would come from Sweden to visit, and bring a suitcase which she would fill with fabric and take home (much cheaper here than there). I would browse the fabric stores, helping her pick colors and fabrics, petting, petting all the time. Little did I know that was the beginning of my quilty fancy. It all started with the fabric and it all returns to the fabric for me. I consider myself a MAJOR junkie yet I do not collect massive amounts of stash. I am very restrained in my purchases - I only buy something if it really sings to me, or if I am shopping for a specific project. That does not stop me from going to the fabric store and petting the bolts though! :-D
Old 09-28-2011, 08:21 AM

Yep. I am. Love to pet fabric even if I can't afford it.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:22 AM

I used to be but not so much now. When I made clothing I would "run" to the mall just to look at fabric and end up coming home with new patterns and way too much fabric and notions.

That is when a LOT of places carried fabric. In one mall we had JoAnn Fabric, the 5&10, Murphy's carried fabric and so did Penney's. The other mall had Montgomery Wards with fabric, and Woolco(another 5&10)with fabric and then Hill's opened at that location and they had fabric. Plus...there was a Singer store in that mall that sold sewing machines, notion and fabric. All that is left is JoAnn's. The WalMart that opened in that town used to sell fabric but does not now and will not be selling fabric. Then there is one local fabric shop but I have been told that their quilting fabric is very limited.

There went the days of having fun looking at fabric. I do know of a few LQS outside of my local area so I am patiently waiting till my SS money starts rolling in starting in December and I will probably be broke.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 AM

YES! YES! YES! My name is Beckie, and I AM a fabric junkie. :)
Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 AM

I inherited it from my mother. I was a fabric junkie as a kid. Thought I was cured for a while but it was too strong for me.... I'm hopelessly addicted!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 AM

Yes I am and proud of it!! LOL
Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 AM

In order to overcome any addiction you must first admit you have a problem...
Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 AM

I have tried to make a vow and stick to it, to use up what I have and just to buy new fabric in the future one project at a time. Hopefully I will stick to it. :roll: I have a stack of patterns waiting to be followed also.