Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE??? >

Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE???

Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE???

Old 09-28-2011, 06:50 PM

I like to think I am a recovering junkie, but I'm not so sure.
My DH accused me of just wanting to touch all of my fabric when I told him I was making a charm quilt and needed to cut a square from each piece. I didn't have nearly the stash I do now. I used to go to the fabric store just so I could be alone. No one would go with me because I had to look at everything in the store.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 AM

I wouldn't worry about what other people think.If you enjoy it, do it.I do.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:41 AM

Oh yes and I've got it bad!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:12 AM

I am TOTALLY a fabric junkie. And I have always loved touching and looking at fabric...long before I started quilting. My family says it's my 'crack addiction'! But it is a type of 'therapy' to go to the fabric store and poke around, and it always puts me in a good mood!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:14 AM

I'm a terrible fabricholic. If I go into a fabric store and don't buy anything my husband and friends think I'm sick!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:21 AM

My name is Susan, and I am an addict. It started in Jr. High, when I first learned to sew. I was 10. It got worse over the years, but I overcame the habit in the Polyester Era, as I could not stay long in a fabric store because of the smell. And petting those poly double knits just didn't give me that quality-cotton high.

But now, thanks to the advent of Local Quilt Shops and even worse--The Internet, were there are those who will send my fix right to my home, and they take PayPal!--and my recent foray into quilting, and with all the enablers on this Board egging me on, I have backslid into full addiction once again. Oh, woe is me!

Wait! (she adds with a sigh of relief) I believe that at last I have redemption! I now qualify as Fabric Goddess instead of mere Junkie! And I have the yardage to prove it. :mrgreen:

BTW, for you 30's floursack repro-prints-aholics, Hancock's of Paducah currently has a sale on fat quarters--half price for $60 set of 30 = $29.99, aka $1/FQ. Other sets on sale too, but only that one full 50% off. http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-WF-31835-FQ Just in case you're interested. No, no, I'm not pushing this, I have no free samples to offer you....
Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 AM

I don't know if I am a fabriholic or a junkie or a compulsive stasher. I am using the logical thinking here. The prices of fabric is going up by leaps and bounds. I say to myself, "Self, one day you are not going to be able to afford the fabric, (like I am going to live that long to use what I have) and this is just a cushion for inflation". That's it!!! A CUSHION FOR INFLATION!!!!

Edie
Old 09-29-2011, 03:36 AM

Why do you think my name on this board is Fabricnut?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:42 AM

I love historical/reproduction fat quarters and I think I need every one that was ever made.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:53 AM

Yes, I am. I inherited this gene from my mother and her mother. The gene did not go down from me, none of my sons or daughter have this gene. Thank Heavens !!! I have one problem, it is almost impossible for me to not buy something. But I am working on that problem, just have not conquered it yet.