Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a fast or slow sewer? >

Are you a fast or slow sewer?

Are you a fast or slow sewer?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Well, let's see. I noticed you can see the floor in some of your rooms. Not in mine. There is alwys fabric waiting for it's own little spot on a shelf, Totes full od scraps, etc. Good for ya'll. I also have a sewing room, 45" tv with dvd,vcr,dvr,sattelite. Also music. My family call s mine the black hole too. Once I get in there, no telling when I will emerge. I sew fast if you mean can I finish a project on stime...yes. Am I slow?? well, it depends on how many times my DH interupts of the phone rings, the dog calls, etc. Therefore, my favorite time to sew is after 10 at night thru 4 in the morning. Then sleep a few hours and get up again. No interuptions and I can sew like crazy. And it depends on how much concentration the pattern requires, If it is one I have done before I can watch tv and go...if it is new it take longer to read and mark things as I go. Happy quilting, all.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:22 PM

Slow....things at school get so hectic at times so I think I have to slow down here at home to keep what is left of my sanity...:)
Old 06-07-2010, 03:22 PM

I am usually fast when it comes to piecing, but slow when I start the quilting process. For one thing I have to stop frequently because of neck and shoulder pain so that drags it out. I read my magazines in the evening while I am "watching TV" and read after I go to bed. I have been getting on this message board when I take a break to loosen my neck so I don't think it has slowed me down very much.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:38 PM

I would NOT be shocked to see any pile of anything.
The placemats that my sister made make perfect small ironing pads.

Mostly I sew on the kitchen table but have a room of storage and a sewing room, FULL!
edited to add: slow on new techniques.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

That's why I like commercials (sort of). Quilla sits quietly while the program is on then when the commercials start all you hear is BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:48 PM

Oh, I probably should know this - but us Quilla your machine?? :)
Old 06-07-2010, 04:12 PM

I am slow, do a lot of ripping and resewing also.

I get sidetracked very easy and have too many projects going at once. Right now my whole house in unorganized as I have been moving rooms around. In the mean time I have difficulty finding things.

Once organized again, it will be much better and I can sit and sew for longer periods.

I can't wait for everything to be cleaned up. Even so, I have to share rooms. I have a dresser of stash in one room, a dresser, bookcase(s) filled with books and stash in another, and 8 sewing machines, all in working order except the treadle in the garage I am refurbishing (slowly).

I am jealous of how neat your room is!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:16 PM

When I'm enjoying myself, I'm slow. If I have to whip things up, then it becomes a project and stressful and is no longer fun.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 PM

I am slow. Recently, we did a group project at our Material Girls night and I was actually nervous because I was so much slower than everyone else. I enjoy it much more when we have our own individual projects to work on.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:13 PM

I'm slow as molasses..... :lol: :lol: :oops:

Love your sewing room!! :thumbup: