Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a Guild Member???? >

Are you a Guild Member????

Are you a Guild Member????

Old 10-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

I belong to Rocket Quilters and Island Quilters. I joined earlier this year.

All of the members are so nice and helpful. We have a great time and do many things for charities.

I am on the membership committee in RQ.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:08 PM

I belong to a guild,and love it. I am VP of the Tri-County Quilt Guild.
We are a small guild of maybe 25 members., but we do alot . Put on a quilt show, do charity, 2 retreats a year and sometimes take trips. We have a holiday party and a picnic in July.
WE are always wanting new members to join. We meet on Thrusday nite once a month and that works out for the working members.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:47 PM

I belong to the tucson quilters guild,have for 4 years now.We do charity work also we have our annual quilt show in January 30+ years now.
you can check out the guild by going to Tucsonquiltersguild.com
Old 10-18-2009, 03:28 PM

[quote=bebe]

We played Strip Poker and used 2 1/2 inch strips to bid with I won several hands and came home with the same amount of strips that I started with. We had a great time.

I read this and started chuckling. Son, age 24, is visiting to watch football on TV with his dad. He wanted to know what was so funny. Wish you could have seen the look on his face when I said that a lady posted details of the strip poker game at her quilt guild. When I explained, he was disappointed. "That's not nearly as exciting as I thought it was going to be."

I'm not a guild member. I know we have a small group meeting in my town. I may check into it after the holidays...can't add anything else to my plate at this time of year. I'm not sure if they meet at a time I'm not working.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:40 PM

I haven't joined my local guild...yet! I need to find the time.

Did you know we all consider this board a quilting guild? You can download a membership card here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/3258.page

I designed the card eons ago and some local quilt shops give you a discount for belonging a quilt. But just remember, you're always welcome at this guild!
Old 10-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Hey teacup !!!!
glad you had a good laugh about the strip poker party we had :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-18-2009, 07:46 PM

I belong to the Sunshine Quilters Guild in San Diego, we actually meet in El Cajon. I am not sure how many members, I would guess about 100. We have speakers most meetings and some have classes with those speakers. It is a very supportive a diverse interests within the guild. I meet with a few ladies from the guild and work on hand quilt projects once a month. I also learn alot from the speakers and others.

Here is our website. http://www.sunshinequilters.com/

Old 10-18-2009, 08:14 PM

hello everyone

Very interesting reading all the reasons to belong and not to belong.
I am president of our group we have 20 members some are seasonal as they travel to warmer places in the winter..... most meetings we have about 12 members. This year we are doing quilt blocks..... each of the gals picks a block to demo..... the cutting sewing etc..... we each make our own block in the colors we want. Each will have enough blocks at the end of the year to make a quilt or to use the blocks in other projects as toats, table toppers etc. At each meeting we also do a small craft project like scented pot holders, little coin purses, pin cusions, checkbook covers etc. We meet every 3rd Monday of the month from 6 to 9.... or longer.
When we have our XMAS party we discuss what will be our big project for the next year. We are in a very rural area so we don't have to many people come in..... but we all try to get to a quilt show once in awhile. We make lap quilts for the nursing home, we also make 10 quilts for a family who lost their home do to a fire.......... yes they had 10 children. our little group also put on a quilt show last year..... couldn't believe how many quilts we all had done..... had over 500 people go through the show....... No compition we just showed all of our wonderful quilts........... and did some quilting demo's.
Well hope I haven't put any of you to sleep...... BOL
I am always looking for new ideas for our group so if anyone has ideas please share with me.
Scrap Quilter
Old 10-18-2009, 08:15 PM

I belong to Camarillo Quilters Association. We have nearly 300 members (last year we had 307). Because we are not far (about 40 miles) from Los Angeles we get some really awesome and large name speakers coming to our guild. I am not able to attend every month as we meet during the day on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. I used to work then, but have changed my work schedule to work 12-5 on Tuesdays. I do volunteer at MOPS on every other Tuesday, so I only make it to about 4 guild meetings a year. I have never been to any of their fantastic (I hear) workshops as they are on Wednesdays and I work. They are an awesome group of mostly ladies, mostly retired, people. We donate usually 300 quilts twice a year (600). No one twists your arm to donate or make donation quilts but If you want, there is usually kits available that are put together from donated fabrics so you don't have to spend any money to make a donation quilt if you don't want.
I wish I could go more often as well as to the workshops.
http://www.camarilloquilters.org/
Old 10-18-2009, 10:21 PM

not outside this one.but i have a good ideafor all aplacaiers I save my dryer sheets so when I want to do a applacaid qiult I dont have to worry
about the edges ijust sew my dryer sheet on right side of fabric an put slash in middle of whatever i'm doingan turn it so dryer sheet is on back side an then iron.can do a bunch up an then sew them on which ever way you would like.An if you need a bigger piece sew sheets together.