Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You know it's bad..... >

You know it's bad.....

You know it's bad.....

Old 08-22-2011, 01:54 PM

A while back I started a notebook. I have my pattern in a protective plastic sleeve. I will usually have a sheet of paper that follows and write the fabric yardages/color on it . So I have my checklist right there and the color picture of what I want to make. It works for me.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:44 PM

I went on a cruise to Alaska this month and went to Quilt shops in each port. When I got home I realized I'd gotten two of the SAME PATTERN. I really like the pattern but, GOOD GRIEF!

:oops: :roll: :oops:
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
guilty. Some of you are so organized. Not me. I was looking through my books--3 shelves worth--and I noticed that I have 4 copies of the same book. Pitiful--some day I guess I will put 3 of them on here to sell. some day when I figure out how to post a picture.
Sue
Me too, me too! (duplicate books that is.) :roll:
Old 08-22-2011, 07:03 PM

I have a HUGE stash so I have bought duplicates more than one. I've even found triplicates. But I make a lot of quilts for charity so it will be used someday (hopefully).
Old 08-22-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Don't think I buy too many same fabrics, but don't mention patterns! I seldom buy one, but do save them on here for "someday".Now & then I sort thru them & usually have at least 4-5 doubles.
Have also saved every tute for totes/bags....but have yet to make one.I'm kind of hopeless too :)
You've made me feel better. I'm the same with tutes for totes & bags. I have made about 10 Bow Tucks bags and I actually bought the pattern for that. One & only pattern I've ever bought but I do have stacks of books & magazines. I usually make the pattern up as I go along but have based a couple of quilts on photos from magazines. I have made 2 quilts loosely based on the pattern. I always seem to want to add a little of me in each quilt.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 PM

What's so terrible about having extra of a fabric you like???
That way you can use it in more projects. . .
Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 PM

Don't have that much so I don't have that problem (if you can really call that a problem.) lol.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
I've been known to do that with clothing! Get something new home from the store and when I put it away find out I already have the same thing!

I have done it with sewing patterns!
At least one of them was a different size
Old 08-27-2011, 06:58 PM

We have a fat quarter exchange at our quilt guild monthly meeting. You could cut fat quarters for the exchange (as much as you are willing to put in the exchange). Or it could be a gift as a quilting party favor (if you are hosting the party).
Old 08-27-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by clynns
Here's what I do. I go to the dollar store and buy the photo albums for $1.00. The I cut a piece of paper the same size as the 'album'. At the top of the paper I write the collection. Example: Oasis (Moda). Then when I make my first purchase I cut the selvage edge that shows the COLOR not the plain white with numbers about 2 inches long. I then go to the website for the manufacturer and look up the collection. I glue or staple the piece of selvage edge to the paper. Under the fabric I put the item number according to the website along with how many yards that I have purchased. I put it in my purse and I know exactly which ones I've purchased and how much yardage. So far I have 3 pages, 6 per page and 1 page with the directions of yardage needed to make the quilt. I always round up 1/4 yard and if I fussy cut, I round up 1 yard. Hope this is clear as mud. It doesn't weigh alot and I always have it on me. Cheryl
This is a great idea. I have a quilt in mind that will have a LOT of different fabrics. I've started collecting for it and am a little concerned that I might buy repeats as time goes on. I guess I could make up a sample book like this and bring it along with me when I shop...