Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You know you think about quilting too much when .....

Blog Entries
    When you're about six inches to short on your last roll of wrapping paper used to wrap your childs birthday gifts because you cut the extra off before you started wrapping to use for applique templates.

I was typing an email, instead of Branch Manager I typed BOM!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

When you think about baby quilts you'll get to make for future grandchildren that aren't even conceived yet!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

....When your grandchildren ask, "grammy when are we going to the quilt shop".
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    I was watching Mike and Molly on TV on May 14 - and I noticed the quilt that Mike's Mom was using on the couch.
    Loo. I died too!

These are killing me!! I'm rolling laughing at this one especially!

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
    ...When you visit your friend, use the bathroom, and see that there toilet paper has a differnent quilted design than yours so you stick a square in your pocket then ask what brand of toilet paper they use.

I have followed ladies at the Quilt Festival until I could get a great photo of the backs of their jackets. If the front is nice, too, I'll try to get in front of them and take one of the front. Sometimes have to ask, then take the photo!

Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000 View Post
    When you stop a man on the street and ask if you can take a quick picture of the back of his shirt with your camera phone because it would make a great quilt pattern.
    I

When you are forced by life to attend to necessary responsibilities and have not done any quilting for several days then you sit down at a sewing machine....I can't put it in words but it sure felt good!

When just "being" in a quilt store is better therapy than money can buy. If I can't sleep at night, I've been known to go through my stash, especially the cat fabric collections and the yummy batiks. Handling fabric, planning future quilts, it's very soothing. And I agree with gardnergal970, it sure feels good to sit down to your sewing machine after a long siege away.
    Fay

"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

When everyone knows you as the quilt lady, and you are offered boxes of scraps..
    Happy quilting Grandma

Blog Entries
    When your husband knows what a fat quarter is.

When the first thing my non-hobby DH shows off to company is my stash cupboard!!!

Blog Entries
    The only subject you talk about is fabric, patterns,thread, and how much you need.

When you tell your DH that the "cottage cheese" on your thighs is "micro stippling."
    You may be only one person in the world,
    But you may also be the world to one person.

Blog Entries
    when you & your husband are out driving & we start looking for barn quilts. I think I am rubbing off on him
    catherine antone

Quote Originally Posted by Seaside gal View Post
    When your husband knows what a fat quarter is.
    When your male boss understands and can explain a fat quarter to female colleagues who can't grasp the concept that a quarter of a yard/metre of fabric can be cut in different ways and still be a quarter. And still remember it 4 years after you stopped working for him.
    Smile - it confuses people

When your computer id's or password has the word "quilt" somewhere in them. (Even at work!)

When your cat is even a patchwork kitty (calico cat). Didn't plan on this but a beautiful stray calico cat came up to our back door and she was very, very thin. So we feed her.....she moved in a week later. She's been with us for 2 years now.
    Last edited by 21quilter; 05-25-2012 at 03:18 AM.

When deciding if you really need somthing , you think about how many yards of fabric the $$ would buy. I always ask myself "would I give up ..X...amount of fabric to buy this?".

When you stop at the quilt store after a bad day at work, just to get a happy and serene feeling. (You don't need to buy anything, just need the atmosphere). Good thing I have a LQS on my way home from work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 21quilter View Post
    When you stop at the quilt store after a bad day at work, just to get a happy and serene feeling. (You don't need to buy anything, just need the atmosphere). Good thing I have a LQS on my way home from work.
    Lol I do this too. It puzzles my husband. He questions why I go there but don't get anything. I tell him I DO get something there, but it's both priceless and free!

Blog Entries
    When you're looking at new dresses and realize you'd rather quilt with the material than actually wear it in a dress.
    ...when DH even comments how nice something someone is wearing would look in a quilt
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

When you go to bed, instead of counting sheep, you start creating patterns in your head......

when your 7 year old grandson sees your latest quilt and asks if it is for him. (He already has 4)

When you look at your inexpensive cell phone and think the screen is the same size as a 1.5" square.

This is a fun thread...and I've done many of the things mentioned here...I love this board!
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast