Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You know you're addicted to sewing when... >

You know you're addicted to sewing when...

You know you're addicted to sewing when...

Old 08-18-2015, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

I'm with you on all but the Hawaiian vacation. I would not be sitting behind a sewing machine if I was in Hawaii... maybe sitting on a beach listening to the waves roll in, but not stuck inside sewing! That's a waste of beauty!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
...you decide to drive 11 hours each way to a 4-day work event instead of flying like everyone else, because you don't trust the airlines not to smash your machine and you can't imagine spending 3 nights in a hotel without one.

...you have a week-long Hawaii vacation in the works, and one of the things on your "to-do" list is to call around sewing machine dealers on the island and find out if you can rent a sewing machine for a week.

...your husband is out of town for a week, and missing him is balanced by gleefully realizing nobody will stop you from spending your entire evening in the sewing room, every evening, all week long.
Yes, I'm an addict!!! When my husband and I have gone to Baseball Spring Training in Florida, I quickly located quilt shops. When he was unable to drive anymore and I was driving, I just told him that the car went out of control when it turned in at quilt shops.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:09 AM

All I can say is IT IS WHAT IT IS
Old 08-18-2015, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

I have one that was only about $150.00. Sets on a table in the corner. DH likes it because it helps to keep the hall cool and air flows into our bedroom. Only time it's unplugged is when we leave the house. Have had it for 3 years. he saw another online for sale for $20.00 less and with another item he bought he didn't have to pay for shipping. We have a window unit in the living room and had to replace that one this summer. They last about 5 years. Ours are on almost 8 months out of the year constantly day to day. We have a small house so keeps pretty cool.
Originally Posted by coopah View Post
There are also ACs that roll from room to room...wherever needed. You might ask about those. We had one in Seattle and used it in the living room during the day and in the BR at night.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:12 AM

Seems to be how it is
Old 08-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Well, you are definitely addicted to sewing, however, you belong to a very large group of people, who love to sew and find any and every excuse to do so.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:07 PM

Here are mine -- couldn't haul a machine around, but we....
-- went to Hawaii and have a list of quilt shops to visit on each island and sent the fabric home

-- took a cruise to Alaska and visit quilt shops at every port (sent the fabric home via US mail so had fun opening boxes when we got home).

-- cruised the Caribbean and went home with more fabric than anything else
Old 08-18-2015, 03:16 PM

I had fun reading this post. We are all addicted to sewing & that is a good thing. When I go down state to visit my sister or cousin I always take my sewing machine. You never know when you want to use it. I for one have a hard time sleeping so I sew a lot in the night. I can't imagine sitting there all night with nothing to do. No matter where I go I have something with me to do. If it is just a car trip over a half hour then I take quilt magazines. I don't care for much idle time.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:01 PM

Hello, my name is Gotta-Sew and I'm addicted to sewing! Thank You.......Whew
Old 08-18-2015, 08:12 PM

If taking sewing with you on vacation or trips shows an addiction, well, count me in! I haven't taken a machine with me - yet, but my very first thought when we talk trip is, "What hand work shall I take?"
I don't sew early in the morning, but will get caught up at night. After I turn off the TV in the Wreckroom, I'll go into my studio to be sure I've turned off my machine and iron. Then an hour later I remember I'm supposed to be going to bed!
I've got over 3,000 pics on my phone and at least half of them are quilts! Even after I download them to my computer, I don't always delete them from the phone because I enjoy looking at them at odd, down-time, moments.
Ah, yes, I'm addicted!