Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You! are my family away from home. >

You! are my family away from home.

You! are my family away from home.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:47 PM

hplady..That is so nice to say and so very true of this community! I can't say enough good things about everyone that I have had the pleasure to come across on here, the pictures of artwork, the compassion sent to those in need, and just the numerous helping hands. I look forward to making many more friends on here :)
Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sharonsews
Thank you! I needed to hear I am worth something besides a taxi driver, maid, dirty laundry mistress, laundry gal, errand girl, sewer, Mom, employee and daughter. I was told today I was a stupid, ugly old hag. Yes, I am 50, short and heavy and not a model by far. I have 2 college degrees (no, that doesnt' make one intelligent) and feel like I can contribute to society and help a 13 year old with homework. I pick up after family at home and after children/adults at work - I am a librarian.
You are in good company, I have 'stupid, ugly old hag' days myself. I just get on the 'board, and instant uplift! :thumbup:
Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM

Sharonsews: That was awful for someone to call you that name, just awful! I hope he or she has a guilty conscience. It sounds like you needed an uplift and I don't blame you. When one doesn't reconize all the hard work in keeping house, cooking and cleaning and taking kids here and there and working too, is probably because they haven't had to do it because your're doing it all. People don't realize these things until they are in your shoes.

I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around! :thumbup:
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

Thank you! I needed to hear I am worth something besides a taxi driver, maid, dirty laundry mistress, laundry gal, errand girl, sewer, Mom, employee and daughter. I was told today I was a stupid, ugly old hag. Yes, I am 50, short and heavy and not a model by far. I have 2 college degrees (no, that doesnt' make one intelligent) and feel like I can contribute to society and help a 13 year old with homework. I pick up after family at home and after children/adults at work - I am a librarian.
Hi, I am so sorry that you had to hear that today. Just consider the one that said that as someone who is feeling down on him/herself and doesn't know how to cope, so they lash out at someone else. You know that you are worthy and loved. If you would like to talk PM me and I will be more that glad to talk to you. I am not a professional just someone who cares for you. I also am someone that has been called what you were called and I know that it hurts. My heart goes to you. Hang in there and things will work out. Hugs BrendaK
Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 PM

I look forward to this board everyday. I save it to the end of the day as a treat and also to relax with people who seem like neighbors although we've never met. I too apreciate the contributions of everyone. I haven't started quilting yet, but all of you inspire me to want to. Thanks.
jean
Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 PM

I hate you had to be around anyone so rude and callous. A person with that kind of venom will have a hard time life. After you get over the shock you must know that you just consider the source and move on.
jean
Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 PM

When the lonely bug strikes, I head for the board. You can be lonely in a houseful of people. I am never lonely when I come here. This is a place of caring, sharing, loving, helping and, IMHO brings out the best each of us has to offer. I love you all for being there when I need you and I will always try to be there fir each if you.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 AM

I feel the same way. Aren't we lucky to have this web site?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 AM

This is one of the nicest ways to enjoy friendship and help, get people prayed for that I know of. Being a friend in need is haveing a friend indeed. God Bless. Marvel
Old 08-04-2011, 01:56 AM

Thankyou for saying what alot of us feel. When I am on the quilting board I feel like I am with family. Thank all of you for your great posts, but most of all for making me feel like family. Jan