Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are You A Once Only...Or Over And Over >

Are You A Once Only...Or Over And Over

Are You A Once Only...Or Over And Over

Old 04-15-2018, 04:28 AM

Mostly I'm a "one and done-er." I've made some E. Burns patterns patterns more than once. Others...meh. I do like MSQC's patterns with You Tube, too. I've made my one (pieced, not appliqued) wedding ring quilt, so that's off the list forever! YAY!
Old 04-15-2018, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

I have made a few French Braid quilts, people request them and I enjoy making them. They are all very different though. Same with Bargello quilts- I love making them, same technique but very different designs. Those are the only ones I make over and over- but then I’ve never made one just like a previous one. So I guess I return to technique/ blocks but always make different designs
Old 04-15-2018, 04:53 AM

I have made a lot of Dresdens and my go to is Irish Chain. Other than that all are different!
Old 04-15-2018, 05:02 AM

Once only. There’s too many designs I want to make.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:12 AM

I will make a quilt twice, but mainly one and done.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:47 AM

With the exception of crib quilts, I am one and done. I agree with Teen, I have such a growing list of quilts I want to make that when I’m finished with one, I’m already moving on to the next challenge. I still have yet to make some of the traditional quilts like Log Cabin or Double Wedding Ring so maybe those kinds of patterns will become repeats down the road.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:55 AM

Recently I seem to be in a Pineapp!e Block mode.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:30 AM

Most often I do only one quilt of each pattern, however there are some I have done multiple times. The Mariner's Compass I did three times, the jewel box quilt from Eleanor Burns I made three times. All my other quilts have been one of a kind. If I really like a pattern I've made for someone else though, I might make one for us. I try to learn from each quilt I make. They all have their own techniques & I like variety.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:32 AM

I've made patterns once only, with two exceptions. One was the 4-patch posy; I wasn't pleased with my fabric choice on the first one so tried again (wasn't that happy with the second, either). The second was a Bunny Hill pattern called Park Lane.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:01 AM

I love logcabins of every sort and there are so many variations too. Otherwise I like to try my hand at different patterns so I can learn different techniques. I try not to make the same pattern unless someone asks me too. I did make 2 of Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom pattern but one was totally scrappy (my 1st scrappy ever) and the other was a controlled scrappy so they looked different. Have another one of them to make in a kit I bought only because it was the colors the recipent liked..........otherwise I would have never purchased it though it was a great price.