Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you stuck, without Wal-Mart as a source for fabric? >

Are you stuck, without Wal-Mart as a source for fabric?

Are you stuck, without Wal-Mart as a source for fabric?

Old 07-01-2010, 03:45 PM

I have four Wal-Mart's almost the same distance from me and only one has fabric. I hit or miss on which one I go to. I also have a Hancock's and several LQS closer so I don't suffer from withdrawal.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:52 PM
tmg

I never did buy much fabric from Wal-mart but I do miss the craft section. We have a crappy craft section in our Wal-Mart now. At least we have a Hobby Lobby just down the road from Wal-Mart.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:04 PM

I've only bought fabric once or twice, and I was a bit disappointed on the quality. However, all of my Wal-marts have a nice fabric section.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Our WHitewater store is being remodeled too, its becomeing the Super Walmart, and I am hoping they dont stop selling fabrics!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM

I too, used to get fabric at Wally, and while we were there, the buggy would get full of "other " stuff as well, like grocery things and car things and etc......since they no longer have fabric, I bet I dont get in there but maybe once every 3-4 months, if that often.....if we all do that, there has to be some small difference in the amount of income they get every day! So why are the WalMart executives not smart enough to figure this out?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 PM

With our online sources there's no way anyone should miss WM. You can get much better quality fabric for less $ if you research. Buying online with no sales tax rocks.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:20 PM

I will not miss WM fabric department. Ours has a bit of fabric in it - I've purchased some of the better quality but it seems our JoAnn's has better quality (not all, mind you) than they did prior to WM not having as much. And the LQS's around me will always get my business... once I go back to work - yes, I have to - just to have money... - I'll shop more often at the LQS.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:53 PM

I found some good buys at Hancock.com yesterday...a lot of the 5.99 and 6.99 fabric for Christmas is 1.99 a yard right now...........and I spent over a hundred dollars, well worth it tho, for all the things I am gonna do for LINUS in Nov/Dec......
Old 07-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

I miss the fabrics at our Wal Mart. The only reasons I went there were the bird feed my Blue and Gold macaw loves and the fabric. My sis stopped quilting when they discoed the fabric. She just couldn't afford it any more. :cry: :cry: So sad.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:57 PM

I myself am able to go into the City for fabric, so I personally don't miss the fabric not being in WalMart here. I miss the other stuff no being here that I would run in to get in the middle of the night. Thread, Rotary Blades, little things. What really hurts me, is the many many people in the surrounding rural communities here, that did depend on WalMart fabric. Some of them are not computer savvy or just not trusting enough to order online or have to feel the fabric. They are really missing out.