Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your Bucket List..... >

Your Bucket List.....

Your Bucket List.....

Old 10-09-2010, 07:32 AM

I had to learn data entry so I could list all the quilts for my bucket!! Now I need more buckets. Maybe I should just stitch and not worry about it.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:10 AM

I started with log cabin, then double wedding ring, then machine applique, paper piceing, hand applique wall hangings, then quilts with color variations. I am now looking and studying Diamond shaped quilts. I just bought Jan Krentz Lone star quilts, this is the next part of my journey into the wonderful world of quilting. I have seen so many beautiful quilts and avatars with diamonds that I'm sold. Gail
Old 10-09-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
OK My apologies. When I posted what I did, I "assumed" people knwo me and have read my PDA> SOrry. The date I was given was 6 months to a year, that was 3 years ago. I am still going and quilting. I meant to say, life is short, we are not gauranteed tomorrow. Get those quilts done, make new friends, and every mornming when you wake up...say wahooooooo get to quilt some more. Did not mean to throw a damper on this post. I have heard from many of you. I do have a lot I want to finish adn do as far as quilts and retreats and such. Guess this was just a little close to my heart and I did not respond with a list. Sorry folks. I am planning on being around a long time, Lord willing. I think if I keep busy, share with others and continue with my Charity work, He wil see I am not ready to go. ROFL> So read my PDA and know I am fine. One day at a time.
When I read my feedbacks and daily pm's, I know in my heart I have touched someone else's life in a good way, this keeps me going. I have more to touch.
How do you read PDA's. I've always known that God and the joy of quilting prolongs life. Now I have proof. My prayers and thanks for your many wonderful words I have read. Gail
Old 10-09-2010, 11:27 AM

I need to amke that list! I had a scare with a mamogram this week. I had to have 1 more mamo and a ultrasound and whatever showed up in the first one they couldn't find in the more intence ones so who knows. I was scared and said my prayers and had my Mom ring on so wondered if she was there with me!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Storm at Sea--------------I've got white on white paisley, black on medium blue paisley and the blue and white stars on black that some of have shown in quilts.

I'm still stuck on simple squares and triangle squares. Need to branch out on the SAS pieces.

Also want to applique butterflies on a whole cloth in a random pattern, using butterfly fabric for the butterflies.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:39 AM

There are many, many quilts I would love to make. But my bucket list has a Brodiery Perse quilt on it.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm with those of you who have decided that living another 100 years just might let me make all the quilts I want to! But that's only if I never see a new pattern again!

Right now, on the short list, I'm working on #26 and there's 48 on the list. That's just short term, which for me means somewhere between 12-24 years! Arggghhhh! Why did you make me figure this out!

I always think quilts go faster than they do. Even this summer I hardly produced a single quilt. Of course around 10 years from now I'll retire and maybe be able to make more than 2-4 quilts a year!

It's my fault because I usually make queen size quilts. My goal is to have at least one quilt for each season for my bed. Not a seasonal quilt, but just four different ones.

I want to make a cheddar orange quilt. A trip around the world. Triple Irish Chain.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 PM

There are so many things I want to do, of the top of my head, first I would love to go on a quilting retreat, then have throw quilts for my sofa for the different holidays and seasons and 3 quilts made, to be given to my stepchildren after I'm gone. I'm going to need some years, but it's all in Gods hands. Good topic.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:07 PM

Like alot of others here there are to many to list, I have tons and tons of patterns that I want to make, but if I started today there is no way that I could even get a third of them done with what time I have left, but I am going to keep on trying and do what I enjoy doing when I am able to sew.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:13 PM

hmmm....I think I will have the hubby have one of my quilts at my wake...and bury me with it...It will either be my first one or once I get more....one I like at that moment.