Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your Christmas gift to yourself >

Your Christmas gift to yourself

Your Christmas gift to yourself

Old 12-24-2015, 03:50 AM

My Christmas present to myself is a 1949 Singer Featherweight for my sewing machine collection. She's a beauty and her name is Katie.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:00 AM

I bought myself a Janome 8200qc special edition sewing machine. It came a few days ago but I have had so much work I haven't had time to play with it much. Argh. I hope everyone gets something nice, you all work hard I know and deserve it.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
My Christmas present to myself is a 1949 Singer Featherweight for my sewing machine collection. She's a beauty and her name is Katie.
I LOVE that you named your sewing machine!
Old 12-24-2015, 04:58 AM

My Christmas present to my self is spending Christmas with my family, at least part of it. We moved earlier this year to Texas and live very close to my son and wife, and three grandkids. This is really special.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:12 AM

What a good idea. I have so many casual clothes that I have accumulated over the years and rarely ever wear anything so much that I truly wear it out. I just get tired of the same old things and buy a new outfit if I'm going somewhere. Should just purge and donate, think I might do that as a new years resolution.. When I retired I donated a couple of car loads of business clothes, suits and shoes. Need to do that with my casual clothes too.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:21 AM

I got a 24" LED TV for $129 at BestBuy and a $7.84 RCA Rabbit Ears from Walmart and now I have great TV in my sewing room with no extra Cable cost. And, I never left the house as all was delivered free.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

My Christmas gift to myself would be making more space in my closet so that I'd have more sewing space in the small area I have of quilting space, a 6' folding table and a small craft table where I have my sewing machine. My DH is ALWAYS criticizing me for not keeping it neat; that's what I loved about our house, where I had my own sewing room, I could leave my projects out, close the door, and they would be there ready to start again. However, if I want to sleep in my bed, I need to clear it off first, as the bed has become part of my sewing area. I guess I should concentrate more on making lemonade from the lemons I've been given in the past few years.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:21 AM

My Christmas present was several new tops and pants for myself but the biggy is when my two DD's take me to Lancaster Pa. down in Amish country to the quilt shops in Aoril.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:27 AM

My gift to me was a class on a Judy Niemeyer paper pieced pattern.Purchased all the fabric required.24 fat quarters.All batiks which was a splurge for me....And clothes for myself since my birthday is near Christmas......
Old 12-24-2015, 06:40 AM

So many wonderful ideas and things mentioned herein. When we moved last year (after having much of our household goods in storage for almost 6 years) I jumped into sewing activities for a worthy cause and didn't really settle all the stored stuff. My gift to myself was to use December to deal with stuff-use it, give it away or prepare to sell it the first sunny weekend in the Spring. I started with my sewing room rather than doing it last (which means probably not). So, now on Jan 1, I am ready for the challenges of the new year instead of starting behind!