Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your Christmas gift to yourself >

Your Christmas gift to yourself

Your Christmas gift to yourself

Old 12-24-2015, 06:49 AM
pal

I bought someone on my Christmas list a beautiful pair of earrings that I know will not appreciate them as much as
I will. So I kept them!!!!
Old 12-24-2015, 07:03 AM

This year we bought ourselves a couple of cool things that I can't wait to open and start using: On the big black Friday sale (which I usually don't do but I wanted this so had to go) we got a new printer that will be great for running fabric through. I've always wanted to have that capability so I'm excited about it.

And the Power Pressure Cooker XL that you see on the the infomercials. Got one for us and for each of the kids. We tried it when my daughter was here last weekend and it's going to change my life after I figure it out. It's an electric pressure cooker that cooks in a flash - even from frozen, is a slow cooker and a rice cooker, can be used for canning and even baking bread. It has a delayed start so I can fill it up and start it later so dinner will be ready when I get home from work. I'm so excited about this! Hopefully it means less time cooking and more time sewing.

And just for me I got myself the coolest little fleece lined "yoga" jacket. I don't do yoga anymore although I want to when I have more time, but to grab for going off to the gym or just around the house it will be great. I can't wait to pull that out of the closet where it is waiting for me until after Christmas.

By the way, I loved the pajama story. I used to get new pajamas every year as a child too. It was the one present we were allowed to open on Christmas Eve night and I used to do that with my kids too after our traditional Christmas Eve pizza outing. I miss those times. So yay to new jammies. Merry Christmas everyone (or whatever you celebrate). Enjoy!
Old 12-24-2015, 07:11 AM

I bought new bedroom dressers and nightstands.
We are retired military and all of ours are beat up from moving for 20 years.
We got a new bed a few years back , but didn't have enough to buy the dressers too.
I got a great deal at an auction for these and I couldn't say no.
I believe they are vintage as one highboy dresser lists the maker as United Furniture Corp.
All in excellent condition with glass on the tops of them.
I told hubby we are long overdue for these! LOL
Old 12-24-2015, 07:19 AM

Two months ago my husband had an accident and cut two fingers off. My gift is him, with my help and support he is fully recovered from the surgeries, Physical Therapy and I don't have to change the bandaids daily anymore. We buy what we need throughout the year. Tonight we will be having filet mignon steaks, side dishes and martini's which are all splurges for us. Tomorrow is family and the 26th is sewing is my day to relax.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:21 AM

I bought EQ7 and will take the on-line class that starts in January. I have fooled around with EQ6 a bit, but haven't stuck with it enough to get comfortable with it. Now that I have the new program and a class, my goal is to "play with" it often, even if only for practice, so that I can use it easily when I have a serious project.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:15 AM

Clean house?
Wrapping presents and de-cluttering today. Will clean ( and shower) before family arrive and then THAT"S THE LAST TIME THIS YEAR I WILL CLEAN MY HOUSE. LOL
Old 12-24-2015, 12:22 PM

Things are tight here too, vet care for my horse at ISU vet hospital shot my wad for many Christmas's to come. Did replenish rotary blades, needles, a flannel fat quarter bunch and a pinking blade for my Olfa cutter. from JAF using coupons with the xrta 25% off total purchase. It all fits in one small gift bag. Bought the hubby 2 boxes of golf balls using my Walmart cash back rewards (price matching App.)( I think I learned about the App on QB)
Old 12-24-2015, 12:42 PM

well the plan was that our upcoming (and long over due) vacation would be our Christmas to each other. However DH bought himself something and I replaced my 30 yo serger. They won't be wrapped and under the tree but we will both be happy. I don't really care if I have anything to unwrap but I truly enjoy watching the kids and GKs unwrap theirs.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:43 PM

I bought myself 2 AccuQuilt Go! strip dies while they were $10 off, and got free shipping on the last one. What a treat to have these to add to my collection!
Old 12-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

I am thinking about ordering about ordering some custom made book cases.