Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your Christmas gift to yourself >

Your Christmas gift to yourself

Your Christmas gift to yourself

Old 12-26-2015, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
Weezy Rider, did you buy the add-on ironing table on your SewEzi? If yes, please let me know the company. If no, could you post a photo? I'd like an add-on ironing table with my SewEzi. Thanks.
No, I didn't. The one I bought looks similar to the one-legged extension one that Nancy's Notions has/had.

The friend of a LQS owner had them for sale at a local Expo. It's wood and clamps on and it is adjustable. You can get your knees under it. I don't have it attached to the SewEzi. I have one of the modular white storage cabinets with an open top. It's fastened to that so I have the top of the cabinet and the SewEzi to lay things out on. It takes the smaller Olfa Mats well, too. The SewEzi is just high enough to slide over the top of the cabinet which keeps the whole shebang steady and from moving or even vibrating.

Handy as it is, I can still miss the wastebasket I have under it when trimming scraps.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I just bought myself a new flannel nightgown. It doesn't usually get that cold here, when I got mine out the other night and wore it the poor thing was so worn out and thread bare I woke up with so many holes it was funny. Tried to remember how old it was and I think it was at least 30 years. We used to get new PJ's at Christmas when I was a little girl so it just seemed like a treat.
I totally relate to this ...
Old 12-26-2015, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider View Post
No, I didn't. The one I bought looks similar to the one-legged extension one that Nancy's Notions has/had.

The friend of a LQS owner had them for sale at a local Expo. It's wood and clamps on and it is adjustable. You can get your knees under it. I don't have it attached to the SewEzi. I have one of the modular white storage cabinets with an open top. It's fastened to that so I have the top of the cabinet and the SewEzi to lay things out on. It takes the smaller Olfa Mats well, too. The SewEzi is just high enough to slide over the top of the cabinet which keeps the whole shebang steady and from moving or even vibrating.

Handy as it is, I can still miss the wastebasket I have under it when trimming scraps.
Here's a pic of the single leg add on. Mine is wood and looks more like the end of the older ironing boards.

It was this inset at the Pueblo Co expo in April 2015. One of the ladies in the booth had them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]538786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]538787[/ATTACH]

It was cheaper than Nancy's Notions at the Expo.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:59 AM

My early Christmas gift to myself was a fancy K95 gaming keyboard. My Christmas day gift to myself was a carrying case for it.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:39 AM

I made crockpot layered enchiladas. I don't have a true crockpot, I have a multicooker which does everything in the same pot. Got that last Xmas and used once a week all year.
Are you willing to share that recipe? I love lasagne!
Old 12-26-2015, 08:52 AM

I bought a bunch of flannel during Joann's sale a week or so ago (I had an idea about making a polka dot and gingham lap quilt, didn't plan to do the top in flannel but found some of those prints so will give that a try).

I also needed to boost up an Amazon Christmas gift order to cover the shipping so ordered a clear open toed foot and a pack of needles - then my 7 month old walking foot just quit working, the company would only tell me to contact Amazon about it so I did, and Amazon was wonderful about it, they didn't have to offer anything but they refunded me the cost and covered 2 day shipping on a replacement and it got here the same day as the clear foot so as soon as I plan out the flannel top I'm all set to go.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:57 AM

pal, that is a great idea! never heard of doing that before.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:06 AM

lynnie, what is a mani?
Old 12-26-2015, 10:12 AM

Here's a pic of the single leg add on. Mine is wood and looks more like the end of the older ironing boards.

It was this inset at the Pueblo Co expo in April 2015. One of the ladies in the booth had them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]538786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]538787[/ATTACH]

It was cheaper than Nancy's Notions at the Expo.
For some reason and I don't know why I can't view the two pictures you attached. Could you send them again. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
For some reason and I don't know why I can't view the two pictures you attached. Could you send them again. Thanks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538794[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538795[/ATTACH]

Here they are. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails 14511441328641.jpg   14511441090120.jpg