Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your Quilt Bucket List >

Your Quilt Bucket List

Your Quilt Bucket List

Old 12-24-2012, 07:47 AM

As others have said my list is too long to list. Last year my goal was to complete projects before starting others. I finished 5 or 6 king size (117 X 117) quilts and several lap size and wall hanging quilts. I have the same goal this year since I still have several UFO's. Wish me luck!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:51 AM

After the first of the year I want to finish my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, Mystic Nights Bargello, its 97x112 so better get started and get some UFO's done. Would love to have more time to do the embroidery on a crazy Quilt, too.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:04 AM

mine are:

1. Bargello
2. scrapaholic (found on this board)
3. and something in batiks

I also have the problem of finding 2-3 more projects in every magazine I buy and I also find several more every day on this board. I will not live long enough to do everthing I want to do but I will be busy right up until the end.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 AM

Smile

My bucket list as of today:
1. Bargello, 2. Lonestar and 3. Finish my Judy Niemeyer called "Pepper Dish."
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM

1) The dragon only needs its new owners name and mine and the date.... and this WILL get done today.
2) The pandas need some quilting and highlight stitching around the critters. This is my first pillowcase quilt! It will be done by Jan. 3 (the family has postponed Christmas so the lad whose been away for a year will be home).
3) The SW mimbres quilt which is the second one DH and I will keep (the first got away from me when I was working on it and ended up as an 8'x8' wall hanging which is over an inch thick in places); Am going to try to get those mimbres done by Jan. 3... putting on the binding next now.
4) African quilt (much of the fabric from Ghana) for SIL who wasn't suppose to get it until he came up and got it, but jobs are being cut where he works and he wants to be available to fill in when needed...
5) Oh, and one of my sons got married a month or two ago and she told me she loves my quilts and loves the ocean. She's a sweetheart (we've wished this for this union for years) and her quilt is in my head and fabric is building up in a couple of bins as ideas stir in my head.
6) Do two quilts returned count? Someone left a door open and new puppy chewed them big time. They will somehow get repaired (maybe with puppy fabric, making the "incident" part of the history of the quilt). This won't be the first time I've had to fix up a disaster!!!

One at a time....

Have a happy Christmas, or whatever beautiful thing you celebrate!

Last edited by Sierra; 12-24-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 AM

1. I want to finish a blacks/whites strip quilt I had planned for Christmas for my daughter, but will be her birthday present in March! It's all put together I just have to quilt it and bind it.
2. I really want to try a tumbling blocks. I have been looking at the strip way of putting it together and that seems easy.
3. A Rail Fench quilt for my oldest son.
4. I got a double diamond ruler from my SS and I have been watching videos on using it. I want to make something using that as a border. Maybe a boys quilt for my soon to be 7 year old grandson (March)
I don't know if a lot of you do it or not, but everywhere I go and even in my sleep I am thinking of patterns and fabric colors and combinations! I am still new and sometimes wish someone else would put the colors together so I could just buy the fabrics already coordinated together!!!
I am looking forward to really quilting in 2013....as I only got my 1st ever done a couple of weeks ago.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 AM

I agree make a quilt for me ... Every time someone sees what I making they want it LOL!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:45 AM

Spiral Burst Bargello is at the top of the list but probably won't get done first.

A quilt using my Crown Royal bags - don't know which pattern yet.

And a batik quilt using the Asian Scrappy Roads pattern.

But there are lots of others on my list too and new ideas added every day. - Every time I look at the QB or open a magazine I find a pattern I like.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 AM

As always, ideas are popping up from the back burner of my brain! This year my focus was making Quilts of Valor...so fun to use a different pattern for each one...I made 12. This coming year has three primary ideas...to make new flannel quilts for my family...the last time was in 2005! The next one is to try making small wall hangings out of neckties (which have been laundered and pressed already) and as many Quilts of Valor I can fit in!

So fun to see what other QBers are planning to do this coming year.....
Old 12-25-2012, 05:38 AM

1. Peach/Apricot French braid for my small bed.
2. Something Southwest maybe a bargello for the bed in Rycks' room
3. Christmas pickle when I find a pattern