Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is your sewing area 'inviting'? >

Is your sewing area 'inviting'?

Is your sewing area 'inviting'?

Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 AM

Oh, I thought you meant is it inviting to others! LOL Mine says "stay out! this is Mom's space!"
Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 AM

Always inviting!! Not very tidy! Only very small but lots of stuff in there!! Just had a trip to Ikea and have seen a table and some storage bins so have come home to take some measurements to see if I can fit things in!! Watch this space!!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 AM

Always inviting!! Not very tidy! Only very small but lots of stuff in there!! Just had a trip to Ikea and have seen a table and some storage bins so have come home to take some measurements to see if I can fit things in!! Watch this space!!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 AM

Mine is in my bedroom but I do try to keep it tidy. I'm a little OCD when it comes to clutter, can't stand it. That's why when I see the show Hoarders, I can't understand how it gets that way.

Suzanne
Old 09-28-2010, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
I love organization. I pick up before leaving my sewing room for the day. That way I get to start in a neat sewing room the next day.
I am the same way! Organized chaos I can handle, but I can't stand "stuff" all over!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:59 AM

I try to pick up after every project. I hate searching for things that I know I just put down. I am sure most people would not say my room is clean. I just have too much stuff crammed into this little room. I have plans to make it better but it takes time and money and a trip to Ikea for another cubby thing.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

I recently cleaned my sewing room and it literally paralyzed me once I stepped into the room. Couldn't do a thing in there. NOW, I am back to the chaos. Got 7 projects going simoultaneously and happy as a lark. Anyone else "enter at your own risk!" That doesn't deter honey - he has his chair in the corner and he hangs out there watching tv or reading. Me, I would be scared of the avalanche of stuff looming at the edge of the table. Brave man! lol
Old 09-28-2010, 09:19 AM

For awhile, I had the Amityville sewing room. I would staart to go in it, and it would say "GET OUT!" in a low hissing voice! A few times, I just backed out, closed the door, and thought , another day. So last week, I took some chocolate & holy water up there, and exercised the demons from the room.I have gone in there a few times since, just to touch the fabric, and come up with a few ideas of what I want to do next!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:25 AM

Mine is totally open to the rest of the living/kitchen/dining areas so I always have it orderly, not to mention that I just like it orderly too. It calms me to have an area that I'm in total control of so everything is in it's place.

Right now I have a project I just cut out laid all over the table. Hope I get time today to mess with it some, otherwise the rest of my time is spoken for until at least this time next week.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 AM

I am somewhat organized? I try to keep things in place. I always start a new project with a clean room. I like things neat but if I spend all my time organizing and keeping neat then I lose valuable time quilting. Take a little time to organize and don’t let everything get piled up to the point that you can’t see the light for all the mess. Enjoy your space…your time your creative corner your .Whatever kind of room or space that you sew in should be your little piece of heaven…and don’t worry about if it’s a mess… one thing for sure if its still messy when you leave this world it will just become someone else’s mess ha-ha