Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • **MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED** 5" I Spy Charm Swap ***MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED*** >
  • **MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED** 5" I Spy Charm Swap ***MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED***

• **MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED** 5" I Spy Charm Swap ***MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED***

Old 11-04-2010, 05:09 PM

hey...i got my 5" i spy charm package today!!!!!!!!!!!!! really really neat.....yes, i am sooooo ready for the next one...thanks luv.......great job.......gina
    Old 11-04-2010, 05:49 PM

OK,I looked and didn't find so I'm thinking the 10" sq swap isn't official yet, right?
    Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by wildyard
    OK,I looked and didn't find so I'm thinking the 10" sq swap isn't official yet, right?
    lol... No not yet... I'm still getting over the 'thank god that swap is over' ..plus listen to this.... i mentioned to hubby that I wanted to host another one.. ha, he shot me a look and said.. 'so another three days of neglected laundry, late dinners, goin to bed late and sleepin in ?!?!?!?!?'

yea.. he wasn't pleased, not even a lil bit.. eh, he'll get over it...I'm havin way to much fun to stop now!!!!!!
    Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 PM

LOL Well, I just didn't want to miss out. But even if you want to wait till after the holidays to start, no one would blame you the least little bit!!!
    And please give yourself more turnaround time on this next one!!! We don't mind the no laundry part... and sleepin' in is good, but not cuz you spent the nite working on our short deadline!!
    Old 11-04-2010, 06:02 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by wildyard
    LOL Well, I just didn't want to miss out. But even if you want to wait till after the holidays to start, no one would blame you the least little bit!!!
    And please give yourself more turnaround time on this next one!!! We don't mind the no laundry part... and sleepin' in is good, but not cuz you spent the nite working on our short deadline!!
    If you ladies only knew how late I really stayed up.. My helper bailed on me so I was doin it solo... But I kinda have a system so this next one has got to go smoother than the Ispy one... im sure as each one passes Ill figure out quicker and better ways of doin the swaps on my end.. No worries..
    Old 11-04-2010, 08:53 PM
    Power Poster

I think this fast turn around swap worked well - at least from my perspective -

I also think - from the perspective of a swapper and not the hostess - that the "firm" rules/guidelines are a good thing.

It's kind of fun to have "results" in a short time.
    Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    I think this fast turn around swap worked well - at least from my perspective -

I also think - from the perspective of a swapper and not the hostess - that the "firm" rules/guidelines are a good thing.

It's kind of fun to have "results" in a short time.
    I like the short turn around too, since its a quick turnaround its fresh in the mind and not as easy to forget to send the swap in.. and yes, you do not have to wait for what seems like forever to get your swapped fabric back... Coming from the hostess, the strict rules saved me many headaches..

Ill be posting the new swap in the next couple of days if anyone is interested.. We need at least 12 swappers with one set each or 12 sets per group to keep this swap simple and reduce duplicate fabrics..

Id prefer groups of 12 sets- would be easier for me to swap..and there is no limit to your sets.. send in how ever many sets you want in return..
    Old 11-04-2010, 09:38 PM

When you do the 10 inch block, count me in! I have pattern book that uses the 10 inch "layer cake" size.
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:01 AM
    EC

As long as we're all "watching" this thread, would you mind posting a notice here that it has been posted. Don't want to miss it in the Swap Section.....
    Old 11-05-2010, 08:35 AM

I got my fabric today! Woohoo! I spent the morning sorting them.

Kinda funny...I was sorting out the ones I especially liked to put in my newest quilt. Because I have no memory of many things, I didn't realize until I took them downstairs that the pulled squares included the ones I'd originally sent. Guess I must have really liked those ones!