Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
~ Fun and Funky  Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed >

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

Old 12-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

All of the blocks are stored in the plastic bags sealed and then in a covered plastic bin in an closed up spare bedroom of my home until the swap! I did have a lighted christmas candle burning in the room with a vannila spice scent while I swapped them out. I am sorry if that got into the blocks. I usually put music on and light a candle to make it festive while I do that chore. I guess that was wrong to do.... sorry.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-08-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

rw--your quilt is terrific! You are on a roll girl!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:45 PM

Ronda. Great work ! Love the quilt ! It will be an after Christmas project for me.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Wooo Hooo received my blocks !!!!! They are wonderful !!!! thanks Red for all your hard work !! Merry Christmas every one !!!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
All of the blocks are stored in the plastic bags sealed and then in a covered plastic bin in an closed up spare bedroom of my home until the swap! I did have a lighted christmas candle burning in the room with a vannila spice scent while I swapped them out. I am sorry if that got into the blocks. I usually put music on and light a candle to make it festive while I do that chore. I guess that was wrong to do.... sorry.
Red, I'm sorry I mentioned the smokey odor. It certainly is not a deal breaker and would not keep me from doing future swaps. I do so much appreciate all the hard work and time you put into making this and other swaps a success. Thank you and have a lovely Christmas.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

There is no problem here gramto4. If there was any odors in the blocks it was there or came from the candle. I am glad that you understand.

P Quilty You got them?? Yahoo!

I wish everyone would let us know when they get them. I know many have received thier packages. Oh well... It is the busiest time of year! I just hope they are gonna have fun putting them into projects. I know I will. You are a great and talented group of swappers! And even though it is lots of work, you have sent me darling little gifts for my trouble. I want you all to know how much I appreciated them. Not to mention how much I learn from seeing all of your blocks and the way they are made. That is priceless!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:43 AM

I received mine and they are all lovely. Thank you all. Mine all have a VERY strong cigarette smell to them which I am very sensitive to. They were all in 1 bag so I think it got transferred to all of them. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? I don't want to wash them before sewing them together and I don't think I can work on them as they are.

I was excited to see I got a few embroidered ones since I don't do that. Thanks Red for doing the swap
Old 12-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Mine did not have an odor of any kind to them. They came clean and fresh just as I sent them off. Wonder what happened.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

I suppose like she said it only takes one smoker to ruin the smell of all. I would try fabreze. I understand that works great. I didn't notice the scent at all. But, like I said, I had the candle going the whole time and a cold.

Please realize everyone.... There are smokers that swap in the group! I don't want you to scare them away if they want to swap. That wouldn't be fair. I understand the adversion, but I think we get the idea.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-09-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
I received mine and they are all lovely. Thank you all. Mine all have a VERY strong cigarette smell to them which I am very sensitive to. They were all in 1 bag so I think it got transferred to all of them. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? I don't want to wash them before sewing them together and I don't think I can work on them as they are.

I was excited to see I got a few embroidered ones since I don't do that. Thanks Red for doing the swap
A friend told me to mix half white vinegar and water and spray the blocks with that...I did and left them overnight and then they were fine the next day, with just the faintest hint of vinegar. The fabreeze did nothing to mine. Give that a try?