Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
~ Fun and Funky  Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed >

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

Old 07-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

I posted all the details in the off line events section here quilterMomma, It is under Reno Quilt show.. I hope you have time to come.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 AM

Now to make me look for something I have not found before. I just learned how to go to Tutorials.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Hi hoppa..

The other ben franklin's in reno is staying in business according to the workers in sparks. Do you know where it is in shoppers square?

I like that one too. But, I liked having the ben's next to hancocks. I am sad to see it go. It has been there many many years.

I will run over and sign you up for your 2 sets. If you decide on more just let me know, ok? Are you going to the quilt show? I know you have an entry. I would like to meet up for a while to chat you up. LOL!

Red
The Ben Franklins in Shoppers Square is in the mall. You have to go inside where Sheplers is and it is towards the back is is not in the outside area where the stores are.

Yes I am working the quilt show 9-11 Friday in the country store and Bruce is working registration and after that we are free. If you cant come Fri then we will meet you Sat as know they are looking for more volunteers but havent signed up for more hours yet.

THanks for signing me up. Going tommorow to a quilters house to get some lessons as want to learn some new techniques and maybe do something different for the swap for some of the other blocks so can do six sets maybe but will need to talk to you. As love what you have created so far and bouht some snowman fabric this morning that maybe I will piece around the edges of the block but neeed to figure out what to do with the other fabric I bought.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

LOL I used to go to the other store lots. Now if I want anything from ben's I have to go to that store. I am so happy they aren't closing it too.

I love the quilter's country store. There are some great bargains in there! I will be there on friday. I don't buy or sell on saturday, do that is my only day to go. They used to have it on sunday too. I wish they would. I love being there for the drawings for the ticket tables. It is so fun!

No matter if we can't get together that day. I will stop in and give you my cell number. Maybe we can do lunch?? We will talk.

Red
Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM

I've got two sets made so far. Will try to do four. I'll send a PM when they're done. :)

My husband might want to join too. I'll ask him when he gets home from work later. He likes playing with the embroidery machine. :mrgreen: (He's a forum member under the ID of "robert". I think he reads more than he posts, but he's been in at least one other swap so far. :) )
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

Cool! Are you going to share your blocks oh pretty please?

We remember robert! Are you kidding? The man that looks like a movie star? Don't tell him we said so though, OK?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 AM

I wasn't going to show these yet but, oh well just to get us started....

your blocks are so nice - I love your snowman!

I want to share this swap!! Is it allow to embroider? Is it allow to applicate special hexagons - sorry - I don't know the english name. It is this technic!
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/images..._ss9.jpg<br /> with christmas motif as snowflakes?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by moonrise
I've got two sets made so far. Will try to do four. I'll send a PM when they're done. :)

My husband might want to join too. I'll ask him when he gets home from work later. He likes playing with the embroidery machine. :mrgreen: (He's a forum member under the ID of "robert". I think he reads more than he posts, but he's been in at least one other swap so far. :) )
I have you all signed up for the swap. Let us know if hubby wants to join too ok?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Veronika
I wasn't going to show these yet but, oh well just to get us started....

your blocks are so nice - I love your snowman!

I want to share this swap!! Is it allow to embroider? Is it allow to applicate special hexagons - sorry - I don't know the english name. It is this technic!
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/images..._ss9.jpg<br /> with christmas motif as snowflakes?
Yes to all your questions! LOL! Please make mailing arrangements with me. The blocks need to be able to get here on time and return postage will have to be worked out. OK?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 AM

I posted all the details in the off line events section here quilterMomma, It is under Reno Quilt show.. I hope you have time to come.
I would love to go, but I did not realize that Reno is 13hours from home. More drive than I can handle unfortunately. I make it a couple hours and then back starts to act up. I am sure you will enjoy the show and maybe when life gets easier to travel, I will do the trip. Maybe ask my boss to fly me down in his airplane. There is an idea.