Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
~ Fun and Funky  Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed >

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

Old 07-15-2011, 08:42 PM

I was searching for Crayon Coloring blocks for Christmas and ran across this one...just had to share cause I thought it was sooo darn cute!
http://www.emblibrary.com/el/product_images/B3277.jpg
Old 07-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

I have changed it back to starting with a 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 starting size chigger holler.

Oh that is cute Lv2 sew!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I wasn't going to show these yet but, oh well just to get us started....

Here is the first blocks I put together yesterday. THe stitching isn't done on them yet, but I am sure you can get the idea of how they will look when they are stitched around with the right colors and the details put in like the birds legs and the eyes and such. Then they will be squared up the the finished sizes.

So Whatcha think swappers? They both are 9 1/2 x 12 /12 blocks.

Flying angels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227191[/ATTACH]

Snowmen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227192[/ATTACH]

Michael Miller's fairy frost dress and sparkly wings...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227197[/ATTACH]

Here is a close up of the snowman blocks fabrics too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227198[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227185.jpe   attachment-227186.jpe   attachment-227191.jpe   attachment-227192.jpe  
Old 07-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I wasn't going to show these yet but, oh well just to get us started....

Here is the first blocks I put together yesterday. THe stitching isn't done on them yet, but I am sure you can get the idea of how they will look when they are stitched around with the right colors and the details put in like the birds legs and the eyes and such. Then they will be squared up the the finished sizes.

So Whatcha think swappers? They both are 9 1/2 x 12 /12 blocks.

The other one I am showing the fabrics I chose for the candle block. It will finish up as a 12 1/2 inch square block.
Awesome, I have an angel like that too!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:08 AM

It sure would make it hard on me to try and figure out who would want what that way. Wouldn't it?
We all talked about a Winter/christmas swap but the admin asked me to open it up and make it generic. Which I am happy to do. But, I am thinking a wintery american type holiday blocks. Does anyone take offence to that? Please tell me what you are thinking! I did the halloween and wanted to keep it american winter type holidays. But??? I sure don't want to get sideways with anyone. You kind of are putting me on the spot.
You have to understand the hostess isn't given any special treatment or payment. I have the time and I just do all of the work so you swappers can have some fun! Admittedly, I get to have fun too! And, some kind swappers send me little gifts for hosting which I adore and treasure as something special!

Please comment everyone...
I am Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas, but I certainly enjoy getting Christmas blocks. I turn them into gifts which I give to my non-Jewish friends and everyone is happy!

I think it is fine to do a generic winter holiday swap and let the blocks come as they are! I think everyone is delighted with whatever they receive, so don't stress about pleasing everyone and offending noone. It will be fine!!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Oh Red I love the blocks!!!! The snowman is beyond cute!!! :thumbup:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:27 AM

Love your blocks Red. I'm thinking seriously about joining. Sure hope I can find the time !
Old 07-17-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
It sure would make it hard on me to try and figure out who would want what that way. Wouldn't it?
We all talked about a Winter/christmas swap but the admin asked me to open it up and make it generic. Which I am happy to do. But, I am thinking a wintery american type holiday blocks. Does anyone take offence to that? Please tell me what you are thinking! I did the halloween and wanted to keep it american winter type holidays. But??? I sure don't want to get sideways with anyone. You kind of are putting me on the spot.
You have to understand the hostess isn't given any special treatment or payment. I have the time and I just do all of the work so you swappers can have some fun! Admittedly, I get to have fun too! And, some kind swappers send me little gifts for hosting which I adore and treasure as something special!

Please comment everyone...
I am Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas, but I certainly enjoy getting Christmas blocks. I turn them into gifts which I give to my non-Jewish friends and everyone is happy!

I think it is fine to do a generic winter holiday swap and let the blocks come as they are! I think everyone is delighted with whatever they receive, so don't stress about pleasing everyone and offending noone. It will be fine!!
I agree with Wholeheart Mom, should be what any one would like to do for the Winter Holiday, we all have different lifes and we can't please everyone and why not share different believes, so I don't see how it would offending any one...
Old 07-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
Oh Red I love the blocks!!!! The snowman is beyond cute!!! :thumbup:
Thanks so much! I hope everyone starts sharing thier blocks too. I will finish up the stitching on these and find my patterns for the others soon.

:D
Old 07-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by neayact
When it says winter holiday is it all winter holidays? Xmas hanukkah kwanza Chinese new year etc ?
Are you thinking of joining the swap?? Pm me if you are interested, please.