Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 10th Annual Ornament Swap 2019 - Sign-up due by October 30

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    my partner and I have contacted each other so now need to get sewing
    This is not a partnered swap, Nelco. I think something is a bit off with your swap arrangements. Ask have 4boys. THis is a secret ornament swap.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-05-2019 at 07:29 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Wow! guess my brain is still scrambled from my move last month. Lived in old apt for 16 years and had to much junk to get rid of. . I re checked my PMs and got it all straightened out.
    thank you RedGarnet for letting me know.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I completely understand, nelco. I have been going though a lot lately myself. It is tough to get older and have things change on you.
    You are so welcome. I just didn't want someone to get missed with the swap. That would be a terrible shame.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

hav4boys, maybe reveal party Dec. 18th.? That ay we have time to put them on our trees.

The reveal is usually the first week of December, more time to enjoy the new ornament & tell my friends during my Christmas party how creative y'all are!!! We have to mail by Nov 20th so that gives plenty of time for the mail.
    hugs,
    dj
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Looking forward to seeing all the creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
    hav4boys, maybe reveal party Dec. 18th.? That ay we have time to put them on our trees.
    Hoping you could have the reveal date set a little earlier as we leave to go to Germany for a White Christmas on the 16th December, which is your 15th. We will actually leave home about the 14th as we have to fly from Brisbane and we are a little way from there. Also we will catch up with our daughter and family in Brisbane before we leave. That way I can post photos before I leave, as I know the last minute rushes will be more than likely happening.
    Last edited by Betty J; 11-07-2019 at 04:16 AM.
    "A Man who never made a mistake, never made anything"........author unknown but a favourite quote of my late FIL.

I am making some head way with my ornaments for the swap.I will be away over the weekend but hopefully I will have them ready for posting come Monday the 11th.

I am currently getting projects ready for a Christmas Quilting retreat that starts next Thursday as well. I just never seem to have enough time to do all that I would like to do.
    "A Man who never made a mistake, never made anything"........author unknown but a favourite quote of my late FIL.

christmas ornaments

Mine are ready for travel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Angel Wings, Butterfly Kisses and Faere Dust for all!!!!

Peggy {Boop56}

Quote Originally Posted by Betty J View Post
    Hoping you could have the reveal date set a little earlier as we leave to go to Germany for a White Christmas on the 16th December, which is your 15th. We will actually leave home about the 14th as we have to fly from Brisbane and we are a little way from there. Also we will catch up with our daughter and family in Brisbane before we leave. That way I can post photos before I leave, as I know the last minute rushes will be more than likely happening.
    How about the 11th then? That way there is plenty of time for the ones overseas to receive theirs.
    Angel Wings, Butterfly Kisses and Faere Dust for all!!!!

Peggy {Boop56}

December 11th sounds like a perfect day. Since we are all in different time zones, any time on the 11th. Open and post pictures. Remember to thank you ornament exchange partner.

I will work on my ornament this weekend. I cannot decide on felt or polymer clay. Will have to see. Glad it is a 3-day weekend.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Great! December 11th for the party sounds wonderful to me too.

Oh sorry Boop, I forgot to say how wonderful your ornaments are. So creative and cute!
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    started on my ornament making today. hoping it goes okay so that i can mail on time( there has been a time or two that I had to start over when i thought i was almost done due to miscalculations, scissor slips, etc).

My Ornament swap is ready to post. Finished them this morning and have them wrapped tp go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine is all packaged up and ready to ship. Ooops. Did not take a pic of them before wrapping!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Mine are ready for Elf delivery!

Name:  2019 Christmas ornam swap.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  362.8 KB

Betty J you always make such beautiful ornaments. I'm just starting mine today. I have done a practice one, now to do another. It is so HOT today, 40C and proper summer is not here yet. Having a sewing room in the cellar is great tho
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Quote Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
    Betty J you always make such beautiful ornaments. I'm just starting mine today. I have done a practice one, now to do another. It is so HOT today, 40C and proper summer is not here yet. Having a sewing room in the cellar is great tho
    Thank you, Marion, Yes it is a scorcher over here also. The hot dry wind has really kicked into action, I feel that the trees are starting to defoliate. Apparently we have over 60 fires over here in NSW, extending from the Mid north coast to Queensland. We have had thick smoke haze here for days. Thankfully we are not in a bush fire area here but there is long dry grass on the neighboring property across the highway from us, wouldn't like to put a match in that! We have had no rain to speak of since June this year. We are still existing on rain water and we do have a bore as back up, so we are better off than most, but we are having to conserve the rain water. I hope you are faring okay over there in the west. Fortunately we do have air con which we have put on this week also.

I have posted my swap this afternoon, so they are on their way to my partner. The Post Office said 8 to 10 days to delivery, so we will see how that goes.

Do we make multiple ornaments? Or one?

Betty J & Bugeroo, very nice photo of the ornaments you made.

Betty, you make the most beautiful ornaments. I have not been lucky enough to receive any yet.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
    Do we make multiple ornaments? Or one?
    the swap only specifies one although several people choose to make two or more. I personally made two and a gift bag to put them in.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

I will get working on mine this weekend.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I sent mine off today, I was going to wait a few days but I had to go by the post office anyway, so off it went!!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast