Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 10th Annual Ornament Swap 2019 - Sign-up due by October 30

BettyJ we dont have trees like you have over there, but we do have some very good crops being harvested (when theres no fire ban) and our bush is the scrubby kind and it burns well when it does burn.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Wow MizMelly, you are on it this year. I still haven't gotten my padded envelopes from the post man yet. :!( I might have to just take a trip into town to get some.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    Betty, you make the most beautiful ornaments. I have not been lucky enough to receive any yet.
    Thank you Klaws, I love making Christmas Ornaments. I started making them for our own tree in the 1980's from McCalls patterns. I them made them for relatives and friends. I made the Angel that sits on the top of our tree in 1991 from a McCalls pattern, I have since pulled her apart and washed her dress and renewed her arms as they had wire in them which discoloured, now she is as good as new. In later years after having an embroidery machine I started making them with machine embroidery and as ITH projects. I have also made many hand stitched in felt. I do two local Craft shows a year and a few years ago Quota held a Christmas in July theme and I made lots of Christmas ornaments to sell, they were a great hit and ever since then I have continued to sell them at the two Craft shows. I will attach some pics of my table at the Craft show this year. Also some of my favorites. I love the little Dresden angels that I now machine embroider the wings, first off I made them from the pattern but I like the embroidered wings better. I love sharing my ornaments and give many away at Christmas time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"A Man who never made a mistake, never made anything"........author unknown but a favourite quote of my late FIL.

Betty all your ornaments are beautiful.

Betty that is a lot of work. I am so glad you enjoy it and I know those receiving them feel blessed with a precious hand made gift.

My little ornament is on it's merry little way early this week.....
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Wow Betty what a lot of work goes into that stall! I posted my ornament off today. It has a long, long way to go and I was told it should be a week so here’s hoping!

Beautiful Betty.

I am working on my ornament (s). Want them perfect.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Blog Entries
    rec'd my ornament package today--now to patiently wait or opening day.

I received a nice little box in the mail today, it MUST be my ornament swap!! I put the box with my ornaments that I'm getting ready to put on my tree. This year I think the tree is going to be fully loaded since I have a smaller tree and lots of lovely creative crafty ornaments!! I regret not looking deeper in my stash of ornaments I made to sell because I could have sent one of those also! Oh well, there's always next year!!!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    I finished my ornament today. Hopefully my swap partner likes it.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Had to not sew for a few days due to a bad lower back pains . getting better, hope to be at sewing machine by weekend.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4